Unleashed should not wait for a second manual intervention with Mirror up

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
mathieucarbou

May 11th, 2021, 1:48 pm

When using the Unleashed with the cable and Mirror up mode, Unleashed can detect the Mirror Up mode efficiently (without the cable it is not working since the Mirror up mode seems to not be detected).

But when clicking on the button to take the photo, the mirror flaps and the button shape changes to show "Mirror up". Then, it requires a user action to trigger the photo. So a total of 2 user actions.

IT would be nice to have a global parameter somewhere to tell Unleashed if it has to wait or not for the user to do manually the second click. For example, I largely prefer the behaviour of DslrDashboardi in this regards. They detect if in Mirror up, then will trigger the shutter "twice" to open the mirror and then take the photo.

This option is also super important in the cases where we want to use Mirror up in time-lapses: each "shot" should in this case consider the Mirror up mode and trigger twice.

There are numerous reasons why one would want to take photos with Mirror up.
In the case of the D810, this is to use the EFCS.
In the case of the D750, this is to reduce the effect of the internal IR LED with high ISO.

Thanks!
Senior Software Engineer | Java
Hobby photographer and reviewer
🌐 mathieu.photography
Oliver

May 11th, 2021, 5:04 pm

Nikon cameras automatically cancels MUP after 30 seconds. If I recall correctly, the Unleashed already triggers after 25s, so just before Nikon cancels. I know it's a very long time, but we figured we'll stay close to Nikons implementation.

You're right though, we could make this an "Advanced setting" in the future. I've written it down.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
mathieucarbou

May 11th, 2021, 5:10 pm

Thanks!
We cannot wait 25-30 sec before the next shot in a lot of use cases ;-) This is not practical. Ideally this parameter could be a delay.
Senior Software Engineer | Java
Hobby photographer and reviewer
🌐 mathieu.photography