Nikon Z7ii - Focus Shift Request

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
fienphotos

August 14th, 2021, 12:39 am

The Z-series and D850 support internal focus shifting. This is incredibly useful for macros. The thing is you want to avoid camera shake and the only way to start this process is to go to the focus shift menu and hit start or highlight start and hit ok.

I'm wondering if there is anyway you could open this menu, highlight start and be able to hit either the shutter or something else in the app that would trigger the start function.

Many thanks for an incredible device and app, Mark
Oliver

August 14th, 2021, 11:01 am

Hi Mark,

As far as I was able to find out, this is not possible. There is not even any mention of the Focus shifting in the SDK documentation that Nikon provides, so there are no commands that we can use via USB to start this.

Is it possible to set everything up in the menu, then press the normal shutter to start the process? - at least for that you could use the Unleashed...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
fienphotos

August 14th, 2021, 10:05 pm

I tried using the shutter and it does not work. If you turn on Unleashed then focus shift menu is not accessible. Oh well. Good to know. Keep up the great work. Thanks, Mark