No more searching for Unleasheds when the user doesn't want to search for Unleasheds

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

August 31st, 2021, 2:12 pm

Hi All,

I am still flabbergasted why the "search for more..." (...Unleasheds) is still showing up in the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, while the search should not be invoked automatically.
Here is why I think this:
1. When the user goes into the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, does that automatically mean the user wants to search for more Unleasheds? NO! It means, the user wants to check out his/her current (paired/bonded) Unleasheds, OR the user wants to search for new Unleasheds!
2. When the user goes into the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, it can imply that the user wants to go forward in the "Your Unleasheds"-screen to go to the Unleashed for pairing/bonding accessories instead of searching for Unleasheds.
3. When the user goes into the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, it can imply that the user only wants to turn OFF certain Unleasheds, so that he/she can turn ON that specific Unleashed on another smartphone.
4. When the user goes into the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, maybe he/she just wants to check out which firmware version the Unleashed is, and doesn't want to search for other Unleasheds.
5. When the user goes into the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, maybe he/she just wants to check which Unleashed is attached on which camera and is paired/bonded to a certain smartphone (before packing bags and go shooting photos in the wild/nature)

Considering these points, it is much wiser to let the user decide (and not the App!), in the "Your Unleasheds"-screen, which type of process the user wants to initiate him/herself. Not every user automatically wants to start a search and he/she just wants to "skip through" directly to a specific Unleashed to see which accessories are attached to a certain Unleashed, and maybe pair/bond more accessories to that specific Unleashed too, or turn on/off an accessory. Especially in the near future when more accessories are added to the product-folio of the Foolography/Unleashed products.

Snapshots:

Current situation (NOT preferred):
Screenshot_20210831-101749.png
Future situation (DEFINITELY preferred):
Screenshot_20210831-101603-edited.png
Please adjust this behavior in the next BETA release of the App. It sure is highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Unfoolishly

August 31st, 2021, 3:37 pm

Small update: another reason for placing a "start searching" and "done" button in the lower part regions of the screen is that it gives the same look and feel and user experience: the button to start/stop the search for new BT LE devices (Unleasheds) is always positioned at the same location within the screen. Both for the begin screen (no Unleasheds yet paired/bonded) and the "Your Unleasheds"-screen.

Compare these snapshots:
Screenshot_20210822-171548.png
With:
Screenshot_20210831-101603-edited.png
Same position of the "button" to start/stop the search. Looks much better to me.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

August 31st, 2021, 4:46 pm

I also moved this to Feature wishes.

However, This is not something we're planning to do. I don't see any benefit from this, but see many downsides.
This is very common behaviour all over any operating system: if you go to Wifi Settings or Bluetooth Settings, the Smartphone immediately searches for others.

We did add the button in the Onboarding screens as a "next step".
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

August 31st, 2021, 4:57 pm

Oliver wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 4:46 pm
... if you go to Wifi Settings or Bluetooth Settings, the Smartphone immediately searches for others.
I think that is a UI/UX design flaw of ALL operating systems. I don't step in my car and the windscreen wipers go on automatically. Nor does the radio turn on right away.
If I turn on the radio, does it search for all other radio stations too or only for those I have pre-selected/configured under quick-select buttons?

I think it's a mistake to think like this: "Well, everybody else is doing it...". That is not an excuse to keep sharp and be different in your design. More logically in design.
Some design options in both Apple iOS and Google Android are really improvident hacks of developers. And we all know how technicians develop UI/UX's ;-)

Just my opinion :-)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly