Uleashed settings reorganizing a bit, makes it more clearer in the UI

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

September 9th, 2021, 6:24 pm

Hi All,

Just some UI eye candy: reorganizing the Unleashed settings a bit makes it more clearer to find where is what.
The current order of items configurable is this:

1. GPS Accuracy Threshold
2. Led Brightness
3. Led Trigger Timeout
4. App Activity Timeout
5. Sleep Timeout
6. Sleep Timeout (Gps On)
7. Deep Sleep Timeout
8. Deep Sleep Mode
9. Gps Validity Timeout
10. Accessory Sleep Timeout

It is somewhat confusing to me (and probably others as well?) which time outs belong to which setting?
Please re-group the UI elements to their referenced concept/subject, like: GPS settings, Smartphone settings, App settings, Accessory settings.

Unleashed:
1. Led Brightness
2. Led Trigger Timeout
3. Deep Sleep Timeout
4. Deep Sleep Mode

App/Smartphone:
5. App Activity Timeout
6. Sleep Timeout
7. Sleep Timeout (Gps On) = I assume the smartphone is used as GPS provider)

GPS Provider(s):
8. GPS Accuracy Threshold
9. GPS Validity Timeout

Accessory:
10. Accessory Sleep Timeout

It is not quite obvious what is what and which setting applies to what device. Please improve this!

I think you could rearrange / regroup the settings into these categories:
A. Unleashed (standalone) settings
B. App to Unleashed settings
C. Accessory to Unleashed settings
D. Unleashed to Camera settings (and vise versa)

That will make it very intuitive to quickly find what the user wants to change in the settings. Consider this thought: between which devices does the user want to change settings? That is the question to ask!

See what I mean?

Some snapshots:
Screenshot_20210909-174944.png
Screenshot_20210909-175009.png
Screenshot_20210909-175107.png

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Unfoolishly

September 10th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Hi All,

Some feedback on the text used in the Unleashed settings:

- Sleep Timeout
The text says: "Time to keep camera connection active".
Question: is this the connection between the Unleashed and the Camera, or between the Smartphone and the Unleashed? This cannot be determined from the text.
Does this include the GPS port AND the USB port, or is there a difference, because the next Timeout setting is suggesting this.
- Sleep Timeout (Gps On)
The text says: "Time to keep camera connection active when GPS is on".
Is there a difference between USB-port connection timeout and GPS-port connection timeout?
- Accessory Sleep Timeout
The Text says: "Time to keep accessories connected on stand-by".
What does this mean exactly? That the GPS receiver accessory connection goes on stand-by after a while? Why would you want to do that?

Please correct/enhance/improve the text so it becomes very clear what this setting does exactly, without confusing the reader of the text.

Question: Are there also differences in the Unleashed settings between camera manufacturers, meaning: can Nikon camera's have more or less Unleashed settings compared to Canon camera's or vise versa?

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!