User Interface isn't instantly available when Apps switch between foreground/background

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

October 3rd, 2021, 10:25 pm

Hi All,

I noticed one thing is different from the Official 1.4.2 App and the BETA 2.0.0 App:
The User Interface isn't instantly available when Apps switch between foreground/background.
I assume this is different from the old App because of the energy saving settings, but when I switch for just a few seconds, I do want those settings available right away.

See snapshots.
Screenshot_20211003-142612.png
Screenshot_20211003-142704.png
It is annoying to see the data be updated after the user is back in the user interface of the Unleashed App. Maybe this can be set by the delays in the Unleashed settings of the App, I don't know, but it sure is helpful that the data is instantly available between a quick switch. I don't mind that the data in the user interface takes a bit longer to fetch from the camera after a longer period of App inactivity or when the App is residing in the background for a longer period of time. There is no need to keep the connection on full speed/bandwidth when the App is inactive or the screen is off.
But a quick switch should not automatically cause that data takes a while to be updated in the user interface.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

October 4th, 2021, 9:40 am

I believe the difference is because the Beta is so much faster, that you're actually seeing the change that you previously just didn't notice because the Unleashed was so much slower.

We can't anticipate whether it's going to be a "quick switch" or not, so we'd have to delay everything all the time. but there are other reasons for turning off communication with the camera than power saving. For example, it makes embedding GPS data more reliable, because we don't have to switch between the settings protocol and the GPS protocol. So here it helps to have the change as quick as possible.

Also: what's "quick"? 1s? 10s? 60s?

I'll consider this a feature wish.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

October 4th, 2021, 10:10 am

Oliver wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 9:40 am
I believe the difference is because the Beta is so much faster, that you're actually seeing the change that you previously just didn't notice because the Unleashed was so much slower.

We can't anticipate whether it's going to be a "quick switch" or not, so we'd have to delay everything all the time. but there are other reasons for turning off communication with the camera than power saving. For example, it makes embedding GPS data more reliable, because we don't have to switch between the settings protocol and the GPS protocol. So here it helps to have the change as quick as possible.

Also: what's "quick"? 1s? 10s? 60s?

I'll consider this a feature wish.
I define "quick" as quickly looking to an incoming message (whatapp/signal/telegram) and then switch back to Unleashed App. 1-5 sec. The interface should not show a hiccup in unavailability of data in the App during this period. When the App is inactive for a while I do understand that communication has to be reestablished with the Unleashed and fetch fresh data from the Unleashed. I did now see the UI hiccup just between a fast App switch. Wasn't expecting this. The old App didn't show this.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!