Unleashed settings in the App not selectable when Unleashed/camera OFF

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

October 11th, 2021, 12:42 pm

Hi All,

Unleashed settings in the App not selectable when Unleashed/camera OFF.

User isn't able to adjust Unleashed settings when Unleashed/camera is turned OFF. That is a bummer!
I prefer to have it enabled and when the user alters some settings compared to the last known Unleashed settings in the Unleashed itself, it should mention that latest changed in the Unleashed settings are not synchronized with the actual hardware, but that it will be synced the next time the Unleashed is ON.

That way the user can do TWO things:
- see what options he/she has (otherwise disabled)
- change the options offline (alter the settings, compared to the ones stored in the Unleashed)

So you have three Unleashed settings to track:
1. Unleashed settings IN the Unleashed itself (hardware)
2. Unleashed settings IN the App itself (last known copy of the settings in the hardware: last known state of the Unleashed known by the App)
3. Unleashed settings differences IN the App ready to be synced with the hardware and deviating from the last known settings in the App (user alterations of the settings in the App).

That way, optimized scenarios can be achieved. Like reverting back to optimized battery saving in the long run!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

October 11th, 2021, 12:53 pm

This is not going to happen.
the App is just a UI for the firmware/hardware. It gets all the current, default and possible values from firmware.
Your suggestion would be a huge change, have lots of possibilities for errors, and I see little to no benefit.
Again - these are advanced settings, that probably 90% of all users won't ever touch, so consider that when making feature requests.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

October 11th, 2021, 4:01 pm

Oliver wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 12:53 pm
Again - these are advanced settings, that probably 90% of all users won't ever touch, so consider that when making feature requests.
I understand that I am not "average Joe", but I do understand that when you have produced many more products, like a BT LE remote control and other BT LE accessories, that this standpoint will be abandoned in the future. It has to be, because you can't push everything in the Unleashed itself. The Unleashed App will be, next to the Unleashed itself, the center in configuration, settings, firmware updating. But that is my prognoses for the future.

Remember: never say never!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!