Adapter

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
rakader

March 10th, 2019, 12:48 am

Unfortunately I call Nikons my own for the Unleashed N1 and the N2. Now I got the Unleashed for my D800 and I am highly satisfied. But I would also like to have an Unleashed for my spare camera, a D600. An own Unleashed for a sporadically used camera makes no sense for me.

Therefore a real Swabian question: Is an adapter from N1 to N2 or N2 to N1 possible or planned?

Best regards
radulph
rakader

March 13th, 2019, 12:10 am

answer would be appreciated
Oliver

March 20th, 2019, 12:15 am

Hi Rakader,

no, sorry, no plans for that.
The round 10 pin plug was custom made for us, and was very expensive to do so. A socket would be at least as expensive, and so would simply not be worth it for a few adapters.
You might be able to make something yourself if you're up to it! You'll need to find a socket, such as this one: http://gps-camera.eu/en/solmeta-y-cable-splitter
or the original: Nikon MC-21 (or MC-21A)

and a square 10-pin plug with all pins present, such as on this cable: Nikon MC-38.
As you can see from the prices: it's probably cheaper to buy an Unleashed N2 ;-)

the other way round is easier to do: the Nikon WR-A10 works, you just have to cut away some of the plastic so that you can plug the Unleashed N2 into the adapter all the way. But even that adapter costs around 80 Euro, so not exactly cheap either.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
rakader

March 20th, 2019, 4:49 am

Hello Oliver,

a very detailed and plausible answer. Thanks for that!

A second adapter N2 simply makes more sense.

Best
Radulph