Unleashed 22: App Demo-Mode + Saving Profiles

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
gkaefer

November 12th, 2023, 11:58 pm

I would like to have a demo mode for the app to be able to play / try settings in timelapse and the other modes without the need to connect my unleashed 22 to my camera
+ Instead of reading the values from the connected camera the values could be set manually
+ and with the manual set values than the timlapse and oder modes could "work"
+ except that the final execution / starting the mode would not be possible of course.

+ this could be combined with an option to save the values for the mode as an profile (on the mobile phone)

Liebe Grüße
Georg
Oliver

November 13th, 2023, 11:53 am

We already have a sort of "Demo Mode" in the Unleashed app.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left)
Now disable your Unleashed using the switch next to your Unleashed, tap the X in the bottom, and you'll go back to your previous screen, and will see that the Camera name is now "Virtual Unleashed". This allows you to play around with the App, without actually controlling a real camera.

This is designed for getting acquainted with the App before you receive your Unleashed hardware, or for showing off how great the app is to a friend in a Bar, when you might not have your camera with you! 😉

Of course there are limitations, as we essentially had to emulate the Unleashed firmware and a camera in the apps for this, and the more complex the operations, the less likely it is to behave like the Unleashed.
For example Holy grail adjustments or Exposure Bracketing won't actually change any settings on the Virtual Unleashed.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.