Download photos from camera

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
jelle

May 28th, 2019, 1:57 pm

First thanks for nice product; very tiny and feels solid.

I know it's not described anywhere in the specifications of UNLEASHED, but I was actually expecting to be able to download pictures. I normally shoot in RAW+JPG and like to download some of the JPGs (just a few per day) every now and then.

Especially when I'm on holiday I like to share some photos with friends/family over WhatsApp via my phone. As I'm not bringing my laptop on vacation, I was hoping/expecting to download some photos via the N2. I can also connect a USB card reader to my phone (via USB port that's also used for charging), but that's quite a hassle!

I have a N2 connected to a D7100.

Am I missing something? If not, please bring this functionality to the app! :)
Oliver

July 1st, 2019, 4:51 pm

Hi Jelle

I know - this is a much requested and obviously great feature, which is still missing from the Unleashed.
The problem is that we're severely limited by the Bandwidth of Bluetooth Low Energy, compared to Wifi. So many of the Advantages of the Unleashed come from the fact that we chose BLE over Wifi, despite this one limitation.

Nonetheless, we're working very hard on finding ways of enabling downloading images despite the low Bandwidth, and once we figure it out, we'll make the feature available in an update. But it's still going to take a while!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.