Auto Ramping - setting of transition time

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Tourinature

November 20th, 2018, 12:14 am

Dear Unleashed Team,

how could I do the setting for the ramping speed of the auto ramp function? Within the iOS App there could be chosen several algorithms for the change from day to night and vice versa. But under real conditions I have also to consider the local transition speed from day to night. I mean it would be wonderful if there would be the possibility to start the auto ramp function before the sunset or sunrise and there could be adjusted the timing until the gradient of the transition gets faster. According to the local GPS signal and the local season it would be great to get a first local default value for the chosen start and stop time for the auto ramped session. In addition it would be also useful to get according to the local GPS signal and season the indication on which time the sunset or sunrise occurs, like in some of the weather apps.

In order to get the conditions adjusted to the local (weather) conditions, style of the photographer, etc., the default values should be changeable in any case.

By the way: In one of the previews or tutorials I saw a very useful ramping diagram within the app which I could not find in my iOS app. Is this feature still missing or is it just me who was not able to find it?

Thank you and best regards,
Christian
N2, D7100, iOS12.1, USB cable plugged in
Andy

November 20th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Hey Christian,

you don't need to worry about the ramping speed or any time constraints. The Unleashed will automatically adjust the exposure smoothly according to the light in the scene. This holds both for natural and artificial light. There are absolutely no time restrictions for the ramp in autoramp mode. You can actually do a quick test yourself. Start a timelapse with under- or overexposed settings, and you will see that the Unleashed adjusts the settings to keep the exposure balanced. If you're using the Smooth EV algorithm, you can try covering/uncovering the lens, turning the lights on and off, etc, to test how Unleashed works. This won't work on "directed" timelapses, i.e. sunset/sunrise timelapses, as the scene is assumed to get only darker/lighter.

I hope this helps.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Tourinature

November 20th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Dear Andy,

thats even better than I thought! Thank you for the perfect explanation...

Best regards,
Christian
N2, D7100, iOS12.1, USB cable plugged in