iPhone version 13 Voice Control does not work

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
gilbert

July 28th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Hi,
I am very impressed the with Unleashed, so small and it works the first try. Impressive.

I would like use to my camera controls without my hand, since my right arm does not work any more after a stroke. Apple now supports this with Voice Control way to control apps with iOS 13, so wanted to try this. I works with commands like "tap five" you say if you want to hit a particular field. And I hope to have the telelens in the left hand and talk my iPhone to say "click" or "focus".

As a first step I am looking for a Nikon control on my iPhone I can say "click", and the iPhone translate to a virtual click by talking. So I expected / hoped the Unleashed to show its buttons, such I could do this. But it does not show the buttons that iPhone can see.. Some views have nothing you can talk at all, some have one field eg. a value for metering. Does that make sense?

Do you consider this bug, at least from iOS v13 users? Thanks for your consideration!

Best Regards,

Gilbert Houtekamer
Oliver

July 29th, 2020, 11:58 am

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for the report! I'd probably call it a feature request rather than a bug, so I'll move the thread there.

As our app targets iOS all the way back to 10, I'm not sure if these kind of features are iOS13 only, or if there's even a chance for us to add this to our app. I'll ask our iOS dev. I'll be honest - you're the first one to even mention any accessibility features, so we had never given those any priority.

We'll look into it, to see if it would even be possible.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.