Add mutiple timelapses in a queue into the Unleashed with timers

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

August 9th, 2020, 3:12 am

Hi All,

I was wondering and figuring out if I could program the Unleashed in such a way that it would do some short timelapses (a few hours) in a queue on different times, for example:
- timelapse of sunset
- timelapse of sunrise
- timelapse of ebb tide
- timelapse of flow tide

I could program the Unleashed to take a timelapse in the morning and in the evening. Or do a timelapse in the afternoon and at midnight. Depending on the situation.
Of course some will argue that you just start a new timelapse when the other has finished. But what I am after is an autonomous and fully automated capturing of timelapses by which I can leave the camera unattended for hours/days. Like when you are in a rented cottage and you just set up the camera, tripod, Unleashed and leave the cottage to do some other interesting things that same day.

I have not figured it out yet if it is possible, but I have not discovered this feature sofar. So, my guess is that the Unleashed cannot handle multiple pre-programmed timelapses yet?

It would be a wonderful addition to the Unleashed: adding multiple programs so the Unleashed runs a batch of these to execute on the camera. That would be nice.
I can keep the camera on all day/night and don't have to get up early in the morning to catch that sunrise timelapse.

More like a "timed timelapse": giving start and end time/date.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Oliver

August 10th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Hi

- Multiple timed timelapses: not coming any time soon.
- Single timed timelapse: this has been possible from day 1 in Firmware but we never added the UI for this in the apps. We're redesigning the Timelapse/Autoramping screens, and will finally include this, but this will still take several weeks to complete, so don't hold your breath!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Unfoolishly

August 11th, 2020, 12:52 am

Oliver wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 7:21 pm
- Multiple timed timelapses: not coming any time soon.
Too bad, but somehow I don't think it is really that much rework: you just add ONE extra UI activity screen in which you can select the timelapse from the list of planned timelapses in the queue and then go back to main timelapse UI activity/screen with the ID of the timelapse in the queue and redraw the current state of that timelapse in the timelapse activity.
The firmware is somewhat more work, because you need to get "trigger data" (aka: time/date settings) either from an external GPS device, the camera time/date data or the smartphone GPS time/date data.

But I leave that up to your team what has higher priority in terms of most wanted next feature for the Unleashed. I am probably not the only customer with good ideas ;-)

Oliver wrote: - Single timed timelapse: this has been possible from day 1 in Firmware but we never added the UI for this in the apps. We're redesigning the Timelapse/Autoramping screens, and will finally include this, but this will still take several weeks to complete, so don't hold your breath!
I am exhaling right now. I am glad you reminded me of not holding my breath until the next release :-)

Just take your time. No need to rush with outside tempatures up to 36 degrees Celcius :(

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
zoom

September 10th, 2020, 10:39 pm

I am also looking forward to a similar feature that Timelapse+VIEW offers, that user can set different intervals between day and night shooting. We usually prefer an interval around 5sec during sunset, then after dark, we definitely need a longer interval for the stars. Setting a single interval for the entire day->night session is not good.

Thanks!
Unfoolishly

September 10th, 2020, 11:30 pm

zoom wrote:
I am also looking forward to a similar feature that Timelapse+VIEW offers, that user can set different intervals between day and night shooting. We usually prefer an interval around 5sec during sunset, then after dark, we definitely need a longer interval for the stars. Setting a single interval for the entire day->night session is not good.

Thanks!
Yes, indeed. It would be nice to have such feature in which you can leave the camera unattended (or attended but with a greater distance than the BT range) and programmatically insert in the Unleashed the different time periods the camera should become active (= run a timelapse) and hibernate in between the next active moment (next timelapse), like in ebb and flow currents. You know when those tides start and finish, and at what times (morning, afternoon, evening) these occur. So, you know which camera settings to apply.
Being able to queue several timelapses for a day in several time periods with different settings would surely be a great feature within the Unleashed App!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Andy

September 11th, 2020, 9:57 am

zoom wrote:

Can you elaborate? How does that work? Is it queueing two timelapses with different settings as Unfoolishly suggested? Or is it something else?
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Unfoolishly

September 11th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Andy wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 9:57 am
zoom wrote:

Can you elaborate? How does that work? Is it queueing two timelapses with different settings as Unfoolishly suggested? Or is it something else?
Quote: "set different intervals between day and night shooting".
Sounds to me like two separate time lapses in one queue, executed sequentially, with different settings, not necessarily different algorithms. Different intervals = different time lapses = queued timelapses. At least, that is how I read it :-)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Last edited by Unfoolishly on September 11th, 2020, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

September 11th, 2020, 4:01 pm

I took a quick look at Timelapse+VIEW and it looked like they have an "auto" interval mode but I don't know what that means.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Unfoolishly

September 11th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Andy wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 4:01 pm
I took a quick look at Timelapse+VIEW and it looked like they have an "auto" interval mode but I don't know what that means.
Could also be possible, but that seems like it is part of the algorithm. I think it has to do with the notion that at night there is not much changing going on so it would be useless to take many photo's recording only slight differences. I guess therefore the interval is set larger/higher to have a noticeable view of changes. But I could be mistaken. I also don't know *exactly* what it means. It's just my assumption of what I think that it means :-)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
zoom

September 11th, 2020, 9:13 pm

@Andy

I just elaborated my specific request in a separate thread to avoid any confusions. Please refer to "Interval ramping" title.

Thanks,