UI screen in the App for simultaneous triggering multiple camera's

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

September 5th, 2020, 7:06 pm

Hi All,

I would like to request a UI screen in the App for simultaneous triggering of multiple camera's.
Now it is only possible to setup triggering per camera, but not for all camera's at once, controlling this triggering process from within the App for all camera's at once.

I guess this feature can also be applied to other use cases, like timelapses, controlling each camera from the same single UI screen, not separate screens. Thus, one timelapse to control all camera's.

For triggering this is really useful to be able to use just one single screen to set up a triggering schema and apply to all camera's/Unleasheds.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

September 5th, 2020, 7:33 pm

This feature is already implemented.
Attachments
408D414C-816A-4B67-9A91-936CEBDFC0F8.jpeg
408D414C-816A-4B67-9A91-936CEBDFC0F8.jpeg (103.48 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Unfoolishly

September 5th, 2020, 8:04 pm

Hi Andy,

Nice one ;-)

Now that we both had a good laugh, and more on a serious note:

I was refering to a trigger setup screen, in which you can set/program trigger options that apply to ALL camera's at once.
Normally, you could set all camera's in selftimer mode and use the trigger button of the App to trigger the camera's to start doing selftimer.
What I mean is a wrap-up UI screen that enables you to set the settings not within the camera itself, but from the App which apply to all camera's within the list of added camera's/Unleasheds for that UI screen. Then you are camera independent and can control each camera from that trigger screen to do the same (self)timer triggering. I don't mean the shutter button to trigger the camera's, I mean a config screen so that THOSE settings apply to all camera's setup with/within THAT screen, whether it is a Nikon or Canon camera. They will do/execute the same setup from the App, not from each individual camera setting.

If it's not clear, I can draw a picture for you of what I mean. Because one picture says a thousand words ;-)
one_picture_thousand_words.jpg
This will probably apply to me as well. I think Oliver would agree with me :-)

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

September 7th, 2020, 9:41 am

Ah, I understand what you mean, but I don't think this will ever be implemented. There are just too many edge cases to handle and the development efforts for this feature are just not worth it in my opinion.

For example, imagine that you have a Nikon and a Canon camera that you want to use simultaneously. Let's say that you want to set the camera to bulb mode. In Nikon, bulb is a shutter speed and in Canon it is a mode. You wouldn't be able to select in the app a single selector and set Bulb for all cameras, that is without us coming up with setting translation layers for who knows how many permutations of camera models.

And that's just a case that I can get just off the top of my head. Surely there would be many development challenges for a feature with a limited number of use cases.
Andy
Unfoolishly

September 7th, 2020, 11:10 am

Andy wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 9:41 am
Ah, I understand what you mean, but I don't think this will ever be implemented. There are just too many edge cases to handle and the development efforts for this feature are just not worth it in my opinion.

For example, imagine that you have a Nikon and a Canon camera that you want to use simultaneously. Let's say that you want to set the camera to bulb mode. In Nikon, bulb is a shutter speed and in Canon it is a mode. You wouldn't be able to select in the app a single selector and set Bulb for all cameras, that is without us coming up with setting translation layers for who knows how many permutations of camera models.

And that's just a case that I can get just off the top of my head. Surely there would be many development challenges for a feature with a limited number of use cases.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for clearing this up.
So, what you are saying is: "it's a good idea, but it won't work due to the differences in camera brands/types". Because I only have Nikon camera's, I sure thought that Canon would have implemented it the same way. But from your experience with these camera's, there is not really an international standard in the camera world. Each brand has its own standards and implementations.

That is too bad, because I really think that it would have been a welcomed feature in the App, if there were not so many differences between the camera brands.

Sometimes it is really disappointing to detect/determine that wonderful ideas could turn into half-baked "solutions". Having to drop those wonderful ideas due to brand limitations, is somewhat disappointing... at least to me :(

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Andy

September 7th, 2020, 11:18 am

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate... It's a good idea, but sadly not easily realizable.
Andy