Rubber lid for N1 top plug

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
garryc999

April 27th, 2020, 11:29 am

I'd also like to add that there should be a cover/rubber plug provided for the open top plug hole of the N2.

I received my new N2 at the weekend and it will be primarily used for geotagging so there isn't a requirement to use the cable a lot of the time. I immediately saw that with the plug opening facing upwards rain could easily enter the N2 and agree with others here that there should be a small plug or cover provided as this looks like a major design flaw. I accept the comments about the camera rubber flap being open but the socket there is not facing upwards.

I have currently added a small piece of black electrical tape to cover the top plug hole which is far from ideal.
I'm amazed and really excited about the N2 and it's small design so adding elctrical tape seems wrong but unfortunately neccessary.
Oliver

April 27th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Thanks for your comment.
We'll consider designing a lid with the next injection mold we'll order - it's simply not worth havig it made on its own.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Franco

April 2nd, 2021, 12:33 am

Hello, any news regarding a rubber lid Top Plug?

Vielen Dank
hschober

August 28th, 2021, 10:02 pm

Hi Oliver,

can we still hope for a small rubber lid to cover the opening in the N1? For the N1 at least that would dramatically improve water resistance of the unleashed. From your previous post I understood that this small item might be potentially added to the injection mold of some other future product.
Nikon D500 FW C1.30 LD 2.018
iPhone 7, latest updates
Unleashed N1 Firmware 2.0.0 Beta
iOS App 2.0.0 Beta