Triggering camera shutter

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Barbazul

December 7th, 2020, 9:23 pm

I've just got my unleashed and first thing I have to say is good job. It simply solves 90% of the struggles I had wirh nikon snapbridge.

That being said I have some wishes I want to share.

I am a kind of travaller fotographers, a landscape photography by heart who wants to appear in the scene. There are few ways of dealing with that, most of them far from ideal.

1- Timer, very little control on the timing of the picture.
2- Time Lapse, a variant of timer where you take several and chose the one you find best. Very card storage consuming.
3- Smart phone, usually you don't want to appear on the picture looking to the smart phone.

What we really need is a small simple one button only shutter which we can hold on our hand and take the picture without looking to it. Use the smartphone for all the settings, but actually have a extra trigger to take the picture without the smartphone.

Alternatively would be nice if we could use the smartphone buttons to take the picture instead of the touch screen. Similar way as you can use iPhone camera with the volume + button.

Is it possible to consider it those futures?
Unfoolishly

December 8th, 2020, 12:42 am

Barbazul wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 9:23 pm
What we really need is a small simple one button only shutter which we can hold on our hand and take the picture without looking to it. Use the smartphone for all the settings, but actually have a extra trigger to take the picture without the smartphone.
Hi Barbazul,

What you mean is something like this, right?
small-btle-remote-control.jpg
A small Bluetooth Low Energy remote control that you can hide in the palm of your hand.
That would be highly appreciated. I fully agree with that!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am

Hi all,

I created a feature request ticket for triggering with the volume button. I believe we already have something in our backlog about delayed triggering.

I'm afraid I didn't understand your suggestion about the timelapse feature.

About triggering with external devices, we actually already support this internally and we have partial support for a few cool accessories. Surely an external trigger will come soon from our side :)
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Unfoolishly

December 8th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Andy wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am
Hi all,
About triggering with external devices, we actually already support this internally and we have partial support for a few cool accessories. Surely an external trigger will come soon from our side :)
Hi Andy,

GREAT NEWS!

Does this small external triggering device pair to the Unleashed and/or pair to the smartphone, meaning: you can operate the smartphone Unleashed App with it and then trigger the Unleashed from the smartphone, OR you can trigger the Unleashed directly with it (in which the Unleashed App gets notified of the Unleashed being triggered by this remote)? The reason I make this difference is that you can operate multiple camera's and several scenario's (setups) within the App so that different scenario's can be triggered by just one single small remote.
Example:
press buton once = execute single shot being taken.
press button twice = execute batch of shots taken in a pre-programmed way, configured in the Unleashed
hold button pressed for 2 sec. = execute smartphone scenario, pre-programmed in the App.
etc.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

December 8th, 2020, 1:13 pm

The external trigger is paired directly to the Unleashed. There's no support for external triggers through the app as of now, and it's not really a feature we plan to implement. In any case, we currently don't officially support any external triggers, but the foundations for it are already in place.

If you have an external trigger that you would like us to support, feel free to request it and we will look into it.
Andy
Barbazul

December 8th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Hi, this is really great that those are already being considered!

I didn't understand if there are already in the market a external trigger would work with unleashed, if you are planning your own trigger or both.

I don't have any external trigger. If someone can recommend me one that works with unleashed I would appreciate.
Andy

December 8th, 2020, 8:03 pm

We will probably have our own trigger at some point, but if you'd like support for a specific third-party trigger you can submit a feature request :) The only requirement is that it has to have a Bluetooth Low Energy interface.
Andy
Barbazul

December 8th, 2020, 9:41 pm

OK now I see.

I don't have a tird party and choosing one to then ask compatibility is kind of navegate in waters I've never been and don't know where to start. I am not familiar with those specifications.

But when there is one available from you or a third party which compatibility is known I would be happy to take it.

But thanks for the attention. You have a awesome products I wish all the best and I am eager to see what's next.
zoom

March 10th, 2021, 1:49 am

Hello Andy,

I have an external intervalometer, LRTimelapse Pro timer 2.5. I tried it together with Unleashed, but Unleashed doesn't allow me to change any camera settings when LRTimelapse timer is running.

I hope Unleashed can at least let me change the camera settings such aperture, shutter speed and iso while the external intervalometer is running. So that I can do some manual exposure ramping without touching/vibrating the camera.

LRTimelapse timer can help my timelapse works when I need a 0.5 sec interval or the interval ramping which Unleashed doesn't offer, but I need to do exposure ramping manually.

I can help any tests with my Canon 5d iv if needed.

Thanks,
Zoom
Andy

March 10th, 2021, 8:57 am

What do you mean with the Unleashed doesn't let you change camera settings when using an external intervalometer? Could you elaborate? Does the app show the settings grayed out or something?
Andy