Foto download feature to mobile device.

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
juergwirth

January 16th, 2021, 4:36 pm

First of all, congrats to your cool tool. It's fantastic!

There is one thing I'd like as a feature. Being able to download a picture to my mobile. I'm using a Canon 5D Mark IV. This device lets me transfer pictures via WiFi. Bu only if the USB port is not connected. Thus either a Picture download feature via the unleashed App or the possibility to disconnect / connect the device via the the App would be a real nice feature. Manually disconnecting the device and reconnecting is possible but quite cumbersome. I hope you'll provide that to your App in a release coming soon, thanks!
Kind regards
Jürg
Unfoolishly

January 16th, 2021, 9:45 pm

juergwirth wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 4:36 pm
First of all, congrats to your cool tool. It's fantastic!

There is one thing I'd like as a feature. Being able to download a picture to my mobile. I'm using a Canon 5D Mark IV. This device lets me transfer pictures via WiFi. Bu only if the USB port is not connected. Thus either a Picture download feature via the unleashed App or the possibility to disconnect / connect the device via the the App would be a real nice feature. Manually disconnecting the device and reconnecting is possible but quite cumbersome. I hope you'll provide that to your App in a release coming soon, thanks!
Kind regards
Jürg
Hi Jürg,
I have suggested this feature too towards Oliver and Andy. The USB port needs to be tri-stated (electronically disconnected, not physically).
I am not aware if they already managed to come up with a clever solution for this problem.
To me it would be really cumbersome to not be able to turn off USB connection between Unleashed and camera so that the WiFi can transfer the photo's to the smartphone using the Canon/Nikon official apps.
I hope they will surprise us soon with a new cool feature in the next major App and firmware update.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

January 25th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply, busy start of the year...

We are actively working on a solution to this problem, it won't be ready any time soon though.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Strela9

March 26th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Thanks for your answer! I joined the forum in order, more or less, to ask the same question. I'm already satisfied with UNLEASHED, but if it could become even better, that would be awesome!
AaronTsur

October 27th, 2021, 9:45 pm

I just received the Unleashed and so far so good, but I do use the WIFI photo transfer to google photos and as of now I have to unplug the Unleashed in order to do that. would be GREAT if the app could transfer the photos to the smartphone or another option so I don't have to unplug the unleashed.

Aaron