Unleashed in Debugmode and LED colors more clear and helpfuland

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
Unfoolishly

March 1st, 2021, 6:05 pm

Hi All,

New feature request:
The Unleashed App can be set to create a logfile (on Android). But there is no visual signalling on the side of the Unleashed hardware when the Unleashed is set in "debug mode".
Could it be made available in the App and in the Unleashed firmware to be able to set both the App and hardware in "debug mode" and that more signalling is provided in the LED coloring?
What I mean is, more diagnoses, so that the App can be set in diagnose-mode and the hardware also in diagnose-mode. Or "debug mode" if you like to call it like that :-)

It would certainly help a lot to get more and proper diagnoses on the forum, so issues can be addresses much more adequate and in detail quicker. Just my thoughts on this....
It would surely (not shirley !) help to have a specific debug code popping up in the UI, logfile and LED coloring, like: RGB: 2-4-1, RGB: 1-1-1, RGB: 0-1-0, etc.
That means that both the Unleashed App and Unleashed hardware signal to the user the same debug message.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!
Andy

March 1st, 2021, 6:36 pm

There's no "debug" mode in the Unleashed hardware. All the information the app shows when it's logging stuff is information that the Unleashed sends in regular operation. The Unleashed doesn't even know or care if things are being logged or not.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Unfoolishly

March 1st, 2021, 8:37 pm

Andy wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 6:36 pm
There's no "debug" mode in the Unleashed hardware.
That is exactly my point :-)

Is it possible to develop the firmware in such a way that two different versions of the firmware can be dynamically loaded into the chipset/memory so that either the "normal" version or the "debug version" is loaded based upon what the user has set with the App. Thus user starts App, connects to Unleashed hardware. Selects "normal" or "debug mode" firmware version (or "normal" and "beta" version). Unleashed gets started again by battery/camera off/on, other firmware version is loaded up.

I haven't looked into the possibility of the chipset if this is a feature of the chipset within the Unleashed, but its just an idea. Some chipsets allow different versions of the firmware to be programmed into the memory of the chipset (ROM) and can switch on startup which ROM version to execute.
Would be handy, if you ask me.

Greetings,
Unfoolishly
Retired customer of the Unleashed. I have given up on this project, it's a never-ending story of bugs. Goodbye everyone!