Unable to pair my Unleashed M

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Davilovick

April 12th, 2024, 2:30 am

Dear Foolography,

I've just received my UNLEASHED with the M version, to use with my Canon EOS 6D and Canon EOS 80D (booth camera supported). When I try to pair the device the Android App cannot detect the UNLEASHED.
I've tested in booth cameras and the result are the same. I've tested in two Android devices (One Plus 8 and Xiaomi Red Mi 13) with no luck. I've followed the instructions (enable permissions, GPS, etc...)

While the camera is on, the UNLEASHED led is blinking in a yellow/orange light:

In the case of EOS 6D, I've removed the Wi-Fi features to allow USB connection and nothing happends :(

birnaofthenorth

April 13th, 2024, 2:27 pm

I had a similar but not identical issue with the first 22'M for my Nikons. It would never connect to the Unleashed app. I complained and got a replacement unit, that at least moved through *that* hurdle. Tons of issues later with dropped connections and lack of transfer of GPS data, though. Plus the M drained my camera battery really fast. Hopefully Canons at least are free of that problem?

Eventually, I gave up and regret the waste of hundreds of Euros for 2 flawed devices.
mopperle

April 14th, 2024, 5:46 pm

No problem with my 6DMII and an iPhone. So may be an Android issue.
Looking at your screenshots, the menu of your Canon (6D or 80D?) looks very strange to me. Using any hacks?
Regards,
Otto
Davilovick

April 15th, 2024, 7:22 pm

It's my EOS 6D with the stock firmware.