Image Review On Nikon D300

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
ukalan

October 21st, 2021, 6:00 pm

I have a Nikon D300 and I am using the unleashed iPhone app. I have the Photo review option turned off in the app but the image preview on the back of the camera is blank. The only way to view the camera preview is to close the app and press the preview button on the camera. Is this normal? Is it possible to expose using the app and preview on the camera? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Oliver

October 21st, 2021, 8:41 pm

Hi,
yes, unfortunately, this is a limitation from Nikon: they don't allow live-view while the USB communication is active - only on the latest Z-series cameras do they allow it, because those cameras cannot function without Liveview.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
ukalan

October 22nd, 2021, 3:47 am

Well, that sucks. Had I known this prior to purchase I probably wouldn't have purchased it. It really is a great product otherwise. Unfortunately waiting for the preview to download to my phone will slow me down too much. I appreciate the info, though. Thanks.