Cannot update firmware - new app version

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
klassm

October 24th, 2021, 7:28 pm

Hi,

I just installed the new app version, coming from the latest beta. The app reports that a new firmware version A is available.

So I started the update - by now three times. It fails every single time, once I saw a message „DFU upload failed“ - the other times it just told that the update failed. It also takes forever to fail - 5 minutes or so.

What should I do with this now? Good news it also seems to still work with the beta firmware.

Interesting enough it is hanging during update C, even though this version should be up to date?

Current version:
A: 2.0.0
B: 2.0.0
C: 2.0.0

New version:
A: 2.0.1
B: 2.0.0
C: 2.0.0

Any help appreciated…
Matthias

P.S. once the android app even crashed / did not react on any input. Now the forth time it is updating for 10 minutes without progress… killed the app, it still reacts … I give up, I cannot get it to work.
Oliver

October 24th, 2021, 9:53 pm

Hmm, very weird. Sorry about that.

It shouldn't even try to update Firmware C.
The last Android Beta already had the Release Firmware, this Release app only has a minor update to Firmware A (2.0.0 -> 2.0.1) with a small fix for Video recording on Nikon cameras.

Could you send us a log file?
Menu -> (i) -> App Settings -> Enable Logging
then try the update again, then send us the log file:
Menu -> (i) -> App Settings -> Share Log File

So don't worry about your firmware still being Beta - it's not. But this is still a problem we need to look into.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
klassm

October 25th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Hi Oliver,

I just tried to do it again, this time with logging enabled.

First attempt - it failed again, the app did not hang.
Second attempt - this time it actually went through, not sure why it is working now.

I've sent you a log file, not sure though whether you can do anything with it.

Matthias
Oliver

October 26th, 2021, 9:50 am

Perfect, this is the best for both of us: we get a log file to try to find the cause of the problem, but you already don't have the problem anymore! 😜

We already found one issue: the cause for C and B to be installed again unnecessarily. That shouldn't have happened, but is also not a problem, other than being a waste of time.

Enjoy your Unleashed!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.