Issues trying to update Canon 7 D mkII wi Unleased C2 [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
RocketKatchR

October 27th, 2021, 3:48 am

Hello,
This maybe a bit self inflicted, but after starting the update. I saw the progress wheel turn, but took something out of my camera bag and put it in my closet. I didn't see the triangle warning telling me to keep the shutter half pressed to keep the device powered up.

Anyway, I came back to the failed update message and tried to restart it. It failed again. This time I unplugged the device and plugged it back in. Forced close the app. Opened the app back up, made sure it connected. Now it is sitting at this screen for 10-15 min with no update on the update wheel...[img]

Please help... It is a long time before the new devices ship. :-)

Scott
Attachments
Screenshot_20211026-173805.png
Screenshot_20211026-173805.png (105.54 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
RocketKatchR

October 27th, 2021, 4:39 am

Issues resolved---+

So it must have been a timing thing with either pressing and holding the shutter half down before starting the upgrade or just after. Either way this last time I attempted the upgrade it completely.

Of course I was sweating bullets because I messed with it so long. My camera battery was on its last bar (no percentage)...... It did complete..... Whew....

Scott
Oliver

October 27th, 2021, 10:53 am

Hi Scott,

sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad it worked in the end.
We built the Unleashed so that it's foolproof - even if an update fails, you should always be able to restart it. I don't know what happened the first few times you tried, but I'm glad that it worked after all.

Enjoy your Unleashed!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.