Auto power off

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
AaronTsur

February 19th, 2022, 7:51 pm

I will be happy to test the fix on my canon 77d
AaronTsur

April 2nd, 2022, 7:37 pm

Hi. Is their a chance this bug would be fixed and I can test it? What would be the timeline?

Aaron
AaronTsur

July 26th, 2022, 5:06 am

i just installed the updated version 2.2.0 and the auto sleep function still not working!!!

what is your return policy?
PapaBear

August 15th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Hi,

Best option so far is: if you don't use the camera, pull out the battery and leave it out until you start using the camera again.

PapaBear out
Oliver

August 15th, 2022, 8:14 pm

Hi,

we have a ticket open for this issue, but we have not been able to reproduce it. Without being able to reproduce the issue, we can't fix it. We haven't given up, just haven't gotten anywhere with this.

On Canon cameras, there's no need to take out the camera battery: turning off the camera will completely kill power to the Unleashed.
On Nikon cameras, the Unleashed can use power while the camera is off, but as far as we know, we've quashed all bugs that caused power drain. But if there is any issue here: taking out the camera battery is a lot easier than unplugging and replugging the Unleashed, and has a similar effect ;-)

Could you test lowering all the settings to the lowest possible, and seeing if the issue persists? If I recall correctly, we also had an additional 30 minute timeout, when GPS was on, so that you could wake up the camera through activity on the App, even after short breaks. I'm not 100% sure if that 30m timeout was completely replaced by the sleep/deep sleep timeouts you can set from the app, or if that still exists. I'll try to have a look, but you can try if the issue persists for more than 30m.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.