Nikon D810 - GPS problem

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Ruuddesoet

October 28th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Nikon d810 GPS problem. Even after installing the latest update, my D810 does not work when I turn on GPS mode.
Sometimes it works, but 99 out of 100 it doesn't.
I can't take a picture, the shutter looks like blocked (get a msg "long exposure duration is available. Camera is shooting. Wait until the camera ends the shot.) and only after changing to Trigger mode the shutter will be released. This means that the camera is locked after shooting in GPS mode and released after changing to Trigger mode.
GPS signal is oke!
I am waiting so long for the trigger and now again for a working GPS function.
Oliver

October 29th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Hmm,
it could be that your Unleashed has a hardware issue that's causing this failure.

could you try taking a photo with more than 1s exposure time then another with just under 1s? do you see a yellow ring around the shutterbutton while the camera is shooting? If not , then that would be an indication that one pin is not connected correctly on your Unleashed. Without the information from this pin, a lot of our functionality will not work as expected.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Ruuddesoet

November 8th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Test setup as requested: camera shutter speed 15sec.
I start the APP and D810 is connected. GPS mode in APP off.
I press the shutterbutton I see a yellow ring around the shutterbutton (counting down). (see screen copy)
Now I set GPS ON and select 15sec GPS. GPS Icon in APP is yellow.
When I press the shutterbutton nothing happens I see a "I" in the right upper corner.
Pressing the "I" I got a msg "Long exposure duration..... Wait until the camera ends the shot.
But the shutter in the camera will not released and can I wait for hours without making any picture.
This is a False msg that the camera shutter is released.
At that moment, when the APP is thinking about a long exposure duration I change the mode from "GPS" in "Trigger" and the camera starts directly with a 15sec. duration (without pressing the shutter release button).
The APP knows that I have pressed the button (in GPS mode) and released the shutter directly when I change from GPS in Trigger mode.

When I start the app I can see for a very short period (1sec.) a Red GPS icon and changing from Red to White. I suppose that Red is no GPS signal and White is a good GPS signal.
When GPS is on and set for e.g. 5 sec. I can see every 5 sec. a bleu row at the top saying that myblocation is used by the App.
See screencopies.
For me this means that GPS signal is ok and connection between plug and camera is ok but I can't make a picture with GPS info.
Attachments
Foto-3.jpg
Foto-3.jpg (72.06 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
Foto-2.jpg
Foto-2.jpg (97.27 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
Foto-1.jpg
Foto-1.jpg (100.13 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
Ruuddesoet

November 8th, 2021, 3:39 pm

Screenshots
Attachments
Foto-5.jpg