Stops working after trying to update firmware [solved by 2nd try]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
kjellr57

December 15th, 2021, 1:25 am

Hi
I have a Nikon Z6 (and iPhone), and when I tried to update the firmware it stuck at 66% and stopped. I tried to reboot but nothing happened. Now it is blinking three times red and one time blue. When it is blinking red, the app says that a fimware is available, but in the short period it is blinking blue, it says firmare updated. I have tried to press restart update, but nothing happens. When I unplug the N2, the app says firmware is up to date. Please advice me what to do.

Kind regards
Kjell R
Oliver

December 15th, 2021, 9:55 am

Hi Kjell,
If you have an older Unleashed (SN <4500), there's an odd trick that works 99% of times: Put the Unleashed in the freezer for 10-20 min then try the update again, while it is still as cold as possible.

Let me know if that does the trick.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
kjellr57

December 15th, 2021, 10:20 am

Hi ,

When I was looking for the SN today I just tried to redo the update and this time it worked !
This time the extra connector wire was not connected to the N2, but I am unsure if that had anything to say.
But thanks anyway :)

Kind regards,
Kjell R
Oliver

December 15th, 2021, 10:40 am

Glad to hear it!
No, the cable should have no effect on the firmware update.
Even with these old Serial numbers, in about 98% of all times, the firmware update just goes through without a problem. But in those 2% a changed environment can have a positive influence. A much colder temperature was the most effective ;-)

Enjoy your Unleashed!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.