Video on Leash [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
blueprint

March 4th, 2019, 10:02 am

I can open the video menu in the unleashed ap when it is linked to the my D7100 and I can change variables like iso. But it tells me that the video trigger is not available. Camera is in deed set to movie, LV set to movie. I can start the movie recording on the camera and I may stop it with the app but I cannot start it (again).
What kind of USB cable is required as it says in the app? USB-Nikon to iPhone connector?
Oliver

March 6th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Hi,

We shipped a small USB cable with your N2. That's the USB cable that the errormessage refers to.

Here's how you plug it in: https://www.foolography.com/faqs/how-do ... correctly/

Now to the actual problem: Unfortunately, the socket that we connect to, does not allow directly pressing the seperate video record button. There is a setting in the camera, in the Custom settings menu (CSM with the pencil icon) -> g4: Assign Shutter Button. If you change this to "Record Movies" (and the live view selector is set to Video) then you can start/stop video recording by pressing the main shutter button.

That's how the Unleashed starts and stops videos.

If the USB cable is plugged in, the Unleashed automatically changes this setting to Record videos, starts a video, and when you stop the video, it will revert the setting back to what it was before. Without the USB cable, you have to change that setting. But this actually should be described in the Errormessage!

I hope you get it to work!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.