Linked without bluetooth on [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Pierre

October 26th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Hello
After initial pairing done and many trials done, all gears went to rest a little :lol:
Surprise with next session, Unleashed was plugged, I turn my camera on, I launch the app on my android phone
... and everything was working fine ...
until I realize that Bluetooth was off on my phone :roll:
Is there a ghost link ?

Nikon D810, LG G4 -Android 6 , Unleashed N1 v 0.9.2
Nikon D810 - SONY Xperia XZ Android 9 - Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Android 8.1
Andy

October 29th, 2018, 10:08 am

Hi Pierre,

I've actually seen ghost links on Android before, but not as you've described. We had some issues before where the app showed the Unleashed as disconnected, but it was actually connected. The only way we found to terminate the connection was turning on plane/flight mode. Not even killing the app terminated the connection.

However, we saw that behavior a long time ago, I'm not sure if the issue still exists.

You mentioned however that the Unleashed was working with Bluetooth off? That sounds more like your phone is tricking you and it keeps Bluetooth active even though you turned it off. You might want to check that. I know that's the case with iOS devices, it might be similar on Android.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Andy

October 29th, 2018, 12:34 pm

I just confirmed that the ghost link is still there. If you have any issues like this, try the turning plane mode on and off, that should kill the connection.

It might happen that the app can't connect to the Unleashed but the LED is turquoise indicating a connection. This probably means that the Unleashed is indeed still connected to your phone through a ghost link, but the app can't access it for some reason. I will report this to the Android team.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography