Re: Unleashed'18 - N2 + NIKON D750 : Issue with bulb mode [solved 2023-08-29 with FW A2.5.2 B2.5.2]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
SebMeyer

June 21st, 2023, 4:32 pm

Hello,

I'm using my Unleashed'18 with my Nikon D750 since a while with no issues. Today, I tried to use it for long exposure and put my D750 in manual mode + bulb for setting an exposure time above 30sec.
When doing this, I can't change the exposure time in the app. It always defaults back to bulb. I also see in the Unleashed app that "Bulb" is blinking. My shutter button in the Unleashed app is also somehow blinking (internal circle varies in size as if the shutter was pressed) and I also see my number of remaining shots on my D750 blinking too as if the app is sending constantly commands to the camera.

When going to other modes (like aperture priority), I can trigger a shot from the app, but I see the same behavior on the camera and the app.
I tried changing the lens and saw no differences. I also tried to move from AF-C to AF-S and I also saw the same behavior. Putting both lens and camera in manual focus was also not a solution.
I have here another remote trigger (MIOPS) on which I can use "Bulb" mode and set exposure time when the camera is in bulb mode. So it doesn't seem to come from a problem with the camera.

I'm using an Unleashed N2 with following firmware:
A 2.4.2
B 2.4.1
C 2.4.1

Has anybody see a similar behavior? Is my Unleashed'18 defect? I ordered several weeks ago the new model. We will see when I can receive it.

Thanks,
Sébastien
Oliver

October 4th, 2023, 4:51 pm

Sorry I never replied here.

The issue was solved on 2023-08-29 with the Firmware update A2.5.2 + B2.5.2
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.