Auto-ramping not working [solved with Android App 3.0.3]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
bernhardjost

August 15th, 2023, 3:48 pm

I have a problem with the current Unleashed-App and Autoramp is not working

Phone ist Samsung S10+; App-version 3.0.1; Firmware A 2.5.1/B 2.5.1/C2.4.1
Everything works fine except Autoramp in Holy Grail Mode. I get 2 warnings "Ramp Mode is read-only...." and "Ramp Order is read only..." as soon as I start the Timelapse

Symptoms are the same with Nikon D850/Unleashed N1 and Nikon Z6/7 /Unleashed N2. Tried several things like switch to manual focus etc., there should be enough blackout time between shots (10s intervall, 3s exposure)

Then I took out my old Samsung J5 phone and all the sudden Autoramping worked.............
Is there a known bug in the current v3.0.1 App for Android or am I missing some specific settings on the phone? I un/reinstalled the entire App and made sure all necessary permissions are given
henrikmatzen

August 30th, 2023, 7:34 pm

Have the same issue on Samsung S21 after the app got updated. Just lost a epic timelapse in Asia due to this, wasn't able to manually ramp either. Foolography, pls fix this ASAP!
Oliver

August 31st, 2023, 4:11 pm

Sorry for the trouble.

That's odd, we could not reproduce what you have described.

We just released an updated version 3.0.1, with some bugfixes, you're welcome to check that out.

However, the more likely thing to help is to do a factory reset of the Unleashed. You can do that here:
Menu -> Unleashed with gear icon -> Your Unleashed -> Settings -> Factory Reset

This will clear any persisted settings in the Unleashed. The most likely culprit would be the new Ramping order setting. We had added this in firmware before we published a user interface for it in the app, and at some point (for a short period of time) we would save a reduced ramping order when one or two of the other setting temporarily became Not available. The default ramping order is Shutterspeed->Aperture->ISO. A factory reset will reset it back to this.

I hope that helps.
If not, please send us a screen recording, and share your logs with us: Menu -> (i) -> Send Log File after you experience the issue again.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
henrikmatzen

September 1st, 2023, 11:59 am

I upgraded to the latest version 3.0.2 and also firmware now. I made a factory reset. And the ramping order is set to TV AV ISO as default. I didn't do a screen recording but send log aaa1d8b5-ee73-4fb5-be2e-cebc5143a4b0 through. It did not ramp again, sadly. I tried clear the cache as well for the app. It worked so great before but now it sadly doesn't work at all. It is a Unleashed C2 on a Canon 5D MKIII and a Samsung S21 phone in my case. I have a shoot on Sunday from a vantage point far away, really wish it can work before that.
henrikmatzen

September 1st, 2023, 12:18 pm

Made a screen recording just to show a bit how it looks: https://firstlapse.quickconnect.to/d/f/ ... NRBBbyMY7n

Doesn't ramp anything at all 😔😢
zoom

September 7th, 2023, 3:34 am

Hey mate, don't waste your time over here if you do auto ramping. Stay away from this device!

I was enthusiastic about it at first. But it failed again and again. They fixed one issue and will introduce two others:) Never worked on my Canon 5d4. It ruined several once in a lifetime vacations. Search up my posts.

Put your camera in aperture priority and adjust it manually. Use the LRTimelapse Pro trigger if you need to change intervals.

I requested a refund, no response at all.
bernhardjost

September 7th, 2023, 8:28 am

Tried again with Version 3.0.2 and the factory reset, did unfortunately not bring any improvement. Ramp order and mode are still read only. Further ramping order in the middle of the table is displayed as some strange (Asian?) characters.
henrikmatzen

September 8th, 2023, 11:47 am

I saw there was a fw update of some sort yesterday, to A, B and C all version 3.0. Did the update, however still not working with auto ramping, factory reset etc makes no difference. Manually ramping now. This is super annoying, usually the unleashed would be running be B-Cam to let it deal with stuff on it's own, but now it needs my constant attention. It used to work, would honestly prefer the old fw and old app where it worked instead of this useless situation.
henrikmatzen

September 8th, 2023, 11:50 am

zoom wrote:
September 7th, 2023, 3:34 am
Hey mate, don't waste your time over here if you do auto ramping. Stay away from this device!

I was enthusiastic about it at first. But it failed again and again. They fixed one issue and will introduce two others:) Never worked on my Canon 5d4. It ruined several once in a lifetime vacations. Search up my posts.

Put your camera in aperture priority and adjust it manually. Use the LRTimelapse Pro trigger if you need to change intervals.

I requested a refund, no response at all.
Yeah, I can see you have been struggling for long. In my case it used to work until the recent update for the app and fw.

I will return back to my old QDSLR setup which had worked flawlessly for many many years for me.
Oliver

September 9th, 2023, 9:28 pm

Hi Henrik,

sorry for the trouble.

We just found the issue: the Android app sent the wrong command to the Unleashed, which started a normal timelapse rather than an Holy Grail timelapse. We'll issue a new App release at the beginning of the week.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.