Good: M arrived/Bad: I can't turn off USB [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
JackLeslie

October 17th, 2023, 4:01 pm

I just got my Unleashed M and connected it to my Canon 5DMk4 and to my iPhone. I updated the firmware without problem.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to disable the USB port as the error message tells me. I cannot find a menu setting that says "USB" and all other communications are disabled. My Unleashed 18 worked fine under these settings, but I cannot figure out how to get the M working. I'm sure that it is a quick setting change, but I cannot find it.

While we are at it, you should probably answer the same question for my Canon 7DMk2.

Thanks,
Jack
JackLeslie

October 17th, 2023, 4:46 pm

All set now.

I kept trying both Ms in either of the two cameras and all of a sudden, both started working in either camera. I never changed any settings. Perhaps the cables weren't seated properly? I don't know, but it seems to be working. This weekend will be the big test.

Thanks for looking.
Oliver

October 17th, 2023, 10:59 pm

Hi,
good to know it works now.
That said, could you specify what you meant by this:
"The problem is that I cannot figure out how to disable the USB port as the error message tells me."
Do you remember exactly what the error message was?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.