UNLEASHED'22: Holy Grail mode + Canon 5dsr

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
gkaefer

October 22nd, 2023, 11:54 pm

I use a Canon 5dsr.
in Holy Grail mode (Canon set to M-Mode) I get errors like
Ramp Mode is read-only. Intervalometer is running. Stop the intervalometer and try again.
and
Ramping order is read-only. USB is not working. Check USB connection, magnetic plug, disable WiFi in camera and check cameras USB mode
well my 5dsr has no wifi and no single usb relevant setting. I use a samsung galaxy S23 ultra with android 13 and tried it with wifi on and off which does not affect the above errors.
I get the errors after each single taken image.
I didnt try it long enough to verify if rampung is working or just the images are taken.

The firmware of my Unleashed 22 is up to date
hdmi and usb2->usb3 (lower part of the connector) are connected

did I somethin wrong?
Grüße
Georg
Oliver

October 24th, 2023, 1:32 am

If you already started a (regular) Timelapse, and that's still running or paused, then you can't switch over to the Holy Grail screen and try to start one there. You first have to stop the timelapse before you can start a new one.

Please update the App to the latest version - we fixed a bug in our Android app related to this in the last update. See this: viewtopic.php?p=4769#p4769

The Unleashed remembers that you started a timelapse, and for the purpose of being able to quickly change batteries in the middle of a timelapse, it will continue the previous timelapse even if you switch off the camera and switch it on again.
So change over to the Timelapse screen, stop the timelapse, then should should be able to start a Holy grail timelapse.
If not, and something went wrong with an unstoppable paused timelapse, you can reset the Unleashed to factory defaults. This will clear such saved timelapse settings and status. To do that, go to App menu → Unleashed icon in bottom left → tap on your Unleashed → tap Settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom, and tap the button Factory reset.

I hope this helps.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
gkaefer

October 24th, 2023, 9:32 am

Android App is/was on version 3.0.3
Firmware is/was on versions: A 3.0.1 B 3.0.1 C 3.0.0

1. I did a fatory reset
2. Selected Holy Grail Menu
3. changed my Canon 5dsr to M with following values: 1/4 F11 ISO 400 MF AWB writing dual SD/CF RAW
4. show limits give me above Start values and NIGHT 8/11/1600 and DAY 8000/11/100
5. interval is by default to 10s, shots is grayed out with 450, alg is LRT Sunrise Beta, Adjust +-0 and Ramping order TV->AV-ISO
6. if I now press start, images are taken and the error occurs. see screenshot
7. I also did "forget unleashed" did no change it.

Liebe Grüße
Georg
Attachments
Screenshot_20231024_092708_Unleashed.png
Screenshot_20231024_092708_Unleashed.png (39.81 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Oliver

October 24th, 2023, 9:45 am

Ah, OK, but the holy grail timelapse is actually running?
if so, then those messages are correct, because you shouldn't be changing Ramp mode (Algorithm) or Ramping order while a timelapse is running. However, you should also not be seeing those as errors in the app, I'll make sure we don't display them anymore.
If the timelapse is running, you can ignore the errors for now!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
gkaefer

October 25th, 2023, 11:54 pm

yes, I can confirm the holy grail works as intended. I made a very short test with 400 images and the exposure time was adapted from initially 1/320 to 1/160 (ISO and aperture unchanged)