Unleashed 22 - Canon 5DMKIV - No Power

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
lgw

October 26th, 2023, 10:26 pm

I've just got my unleashed 22 and connected it to my Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, to find it has no power.
Camera is on Firmware 1.4.0 and I can't see any settings related to USB/HDMI being enabled etc... not sure if I've missed something or just got unlucky with a faulty unit?
Oliver

October 27th, 2023, 10:52 pm

I believe you might have managed to insert the cable into the Unleashed the wrong way round! There is a slot and key that should stop you from doing so, but because the casing is plastic, it’s possible to overcome this. But don't worry: we designed it so that even if you do manage, it won’t break anything - it just won’t work.
The LED won't light up, the Unleashed M won't get any power so it won't show up during pairing.

If you're looking at the front of the Unleashed, with the logo toward you, and the Unleashed in its regular, upright orientation, the socket will be at the top.
On the Unleashed M, plug the cable into the Unleashed so that the cable points toward the right, ie toward the back of the camera.

I hope that does the trick!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
lgw

November 4th, 2023, 11:03 am

Hi @Oliver,
I have now got the unleashed to power on and pair, but get an error that the USB mode is wrong. I can't find the option to change this on the camera.
Any ideas?
Oliver

November 4th, 2023, 11:34 am

Hmm, that's odd, the 5D Mark IV shouldn't show such an error.
Have you updated your firmware? Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.
can you send a screenshot where you see this message, or copy the message exactly?
lgw

November 5th, 2023, 12:23 pm

Hi Oliver,
Please see screenshot
IMG_1629.png
IMG_1629.png (181.34 KiB) Viewed 595 times
IMG_1628.png
IMG_1628.png (132.09 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Oliver

November 12th, 2023, 12:31 am

Yesterday, we published a firmware update (A3.1.1 B3.1.0) - could you check if this solves your issue?