Unleashed 22 - Lumix S5 und S5M2 does not Support geotagging over BLE

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
erichbucher

October 28th, 2023, 11:25 am

I connected the Unleashed 22 to an Lumix S5 and S5M2.
The normal Camera-Functions are working.
When I set the GPS the I cannot use the normal Camera-Functions.
Message: Camera does not support geotagging over BLE at the same time as settings. Disable geotagging to enable other settings.
The Geotagging is for me a key feature for the unleashed.
I have the actual firmware on the unleashed an both Lumix.
Oliver

October 28th, 2023, 11:38 am

Wait, you're saying two different things: in the Title you say geotagging doesn't work, in the text you say that the settings don't work while you're using Geotagging!?

Unfortunately, it's a limitation of Panasonic that they do not allow Geotagging (over Bluetooth) at the same time as using USB to get and set settings. We wish this would not be the case, but if the cameras don't allow it, there is nothing we can do. On Panasonic, switching from one to the other also takes quite a bit of time - several seconds. On Nikon and (older) Canon cameras we can do the switch in less than a second, so we have even implemented automatic switching when you tap the trigger, depending on the GPS Priority (the third picker in the GPS setting). Here you can be in the Settings mode, tap the trigger, we switch to GPS mode, send a set of GPS data, take the photo, and switch back to Settings. With just a small delay of less than a second when triggering you can have the best of both worlds!

But back to your problem: is Geotagging working or not? did you update your Unleasheds firmware, and did follow the instructions in the app to pair the camera with your Unleashed?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
erichbucher

October 28th, 2023, 1:24 pm

Yes I have updated the fw.
When I chose SET in BT then it tells me to register the camera within the Lumix Sync.
The unleashed does nothing it is still on the message to register with the Lumix Sync.

If Geotagging and the camera settings don't work at the same time, so it is (for me) unuseless.
Because I can use the Lumix Sync App which could do both at the same time.
Oliver

November 5th, 2023, 12:28 am

It's best if you start from scratch.
Go to your camera menu, and unpair any paired bluetooth devices. If you can reset your camera's network settings that would be ideal. Turn the camera off, remove the battery, and replace it. (I'm not sure all of this is necessary on your camera, but we have come across some that will only truly reset some of their Bluetooth internals when you remove the battery.

On the Unleashed, go to App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) →Your Unleashed (near top ) → Settings. Then scroll down all the way, and tap on Factory Reset.

Now go back to the GPS setting on the PHOTO screen.
move the Picker to the "Add camera" icon, This will disable USB (so you can make changes in your camera menu) and show you a sheet with instructions in the App.

In your camera Menu:
- Setup->IN/OUT->Bluetooth->Bluetooth->SET
- Pairing. You'll see the screen you mention:

"Please register the camera from home screen of LUMIX Sync, and select the following device name. S1-779A25"
Don't open the Lumix app, but instead tap on "Next" in the Unleashed app, you'll see the Accessories screen.

You should see "S1-779A25" (or S5-XXXX in your case) there. Tap that, and you should get a confirmation screen on the Camera.

Now turn on Geotagging in the app:
- Setup->IN/OUT->Bluetooth->Location Logging->ON

Each Bluetooth connection takes some time, but at some point you should see the Bluetooth icon, then the GPS icon on your camera screen go from grey to white.

I hope this helps to get it to work!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.