Syrp Genie Mini ii not found [Solved: Name should start with "Syrp"]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
crackly

October 28th, 2023, 9:49 pm

Hi there,
Firstly, thank you for a fab product, I was so thrilled when it turned up this week!

I was following this video to connect my Syrp Mini 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_5_sa ... OOLOGRAPHY

However, I When trying to "Pair Additional Accessories" it just has "Searching... " and never finds it.
My phone can connect to the genie (but is disconnected when I try to connect with the unleashed
The Unleashed and Genie both have the latest firmware
The Unleashed connects to my camera bluetooth fine(Sony A7iii)

Is there anything else I need to do with the Syrp to connect?
Oliver

October 29th, 2023, 1:20 am

Hmm, that's very odd. We did our initial implementation and most of our testing with that exact same model, so I don't see a reason it shouldn't work 🤔
Are you sure the Syrp app is disconnected from the Genie Mini II? Probably best to kill the Syrp app.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
labadie97

October 29th, 2023, 6:59 pm

Hi, I just received my unleashed.

The holy grail looks working good ( I need to test more of course). Then I tried the syrp but the device can't find it (Unleashed 22 + sony A7iv).

But I have an idea for futures updates : when using the syrp, we don't need Unleashed to do intervalometer job. We just need the ramping functions.
So if the Unleashed was able to analyse new photos (triggered by the syrp), not need any kind of pairing between syrp and unleashed.
I tried on holy grail menu with "ext" interval (don't understand exactly what is it). Looks unleashed detect when the camera take a photo, but not do any ramping.

That is the way I do with Qdslr Dashboard. The syrp do intervalometer job, and Qdslr Dashboard do the ramping. But the interest of unleashed is that the connection is more stable than Qdslr, and more cameras are compatible..
Oliver

October 29th, 2023, 10:08 pm

That's odd that you're also not finding the Syrp!
Did you make sure to disconnect your Syrp App?
Could you download the App "nRF Connect" and scan for Bluetooth devices? Then tap on your Syrp device, and send us a screenshot? Thanks!

Yes, that's exactly what EXT is for. I'm not sure we have tested it with Sony, and there's a chance we're not getting the info from the camera that a photo was taken, which of course is a requirement for this to work. I'll make a ticket for us to review and fix this.
Oliver

October 30th, 2023, 12:00 pm

I just did another test with out Syrp Genie Mini on a Sony that's also connected for geotagging. And it worked just fine.
Just making sure we didn't break something in one of the previous updates...

If you send me the info from the nRF connect app, that would be great!
Bernd

October 30th, 2023, 12:29 pm

Ich habe ein Syrp Genie Mini II und ein Genie One. Das Genie Mini II hat auf Anhieb wie beschrieben funktioniert, das Genie One ließ sich nicht pairen! Das Problem habe ich wie folgt behoben:
In der Syrp App in CONNECTION hat der Device-Name des Genie Mini II mit "Syrp: ..." begonnen. Der Device-Name des Genie One begann mit einer Zahlenfolge. Nachdem ich den Device-Namen des Genie One durch anwählen des Stiftes auf "Syrp: Zeichenfolge" geändert habe konnte ich beide Geräte in der Unleashed-App unter ACESSORIES pairen!
Oliver

October 30th, 2023, 4:25 pm

@Bernd. Vielen Dank für die Info! Das ist bestimmt die Lösung!

@crackly, @labadie97
It seems @Bernd found the solution: We didn't take into consideration that the Syrp devices could be renamed! So we are only looking for Bluetooth devices whose advertised name begins with "Syrp".
I'll make a ticket that we change that for the future, but for now that will be the solution: just rename it back to start with "Syrp" and it should be found.
crackly

October 30th, 2023, 5:59 pm

Yep this works perfectly now, thank you for the quick response!

Oliver wrote:
October 30th, 2023, 4:25 pm
@Bernd. Vielen Dank für die Info! Das ist bestimmt die Lösung!

@crackly, @labadie97
It seems @Bernd found the solution: We didn't take into consideration that the Syrp devices could be renamed! So we are only looking for Bluetooth devices whose advertised name begins with "Syrp".
I'll make a ticket that we change that for the future, but for now that will be the solution: just rename it back to start with "Syrp" and it should be found.
labadie97

November 3rd, 2023, 4:47 pm

Sorry for my late answer, couldn't try before because busy !

So now after several tries, I find the way to do it (thanks Oliver !)

I explane the steps I used (Sony A7iv / android phone Vivo X90pro+ / Syrp genie mini 2)

Step 1 : Set up Syrp (don't connect Syrp and camera with cable) : Rename the device "Syrp" (need uppercase letter for S, that is important, if not it fails !)
Then keyframe / Stop Motion / then set up number of frames and movement.

Step 2 : disconnect Syrp inside Syrp app (dont kill the app before disconnecting syrp !). After disconnect you can kill syrp app if you want.

Step 3 : connect Unleashed and open unleashed app, pair with Syrp (the app should find it).

Step 4 : launch Holy grail, it works !
davprim

November 5th, 2023, 2:52 pm

labadie97 wrote:
November 3rd, 2023, 4:47 pm
Sorry for my late answer, couldn't try before because busy !

So now after several tries, I find the way to do it (thanks Oliver !)

I explane the steps I used (Sony A7iv / android phone Vivo X90pro+ / Syrp genie mini 2)

Step 1 : Set up Syrp (don't connect Syrp and camera with cable) : Rename the device "Syrp" (need uppercase letter for S, that is important, if not it fails !)
Then keyframe / Stop Motion / then set up number of frames and movement.

Step 2 : disconnect Syrp inside Syrp app (dont kill the app before disconnecting syrp !). After disconnect you can kill syrp app if you want.

Step 3 : connect Unleashed and open unleashed app, pair with Syrp (the app should find it).

Step 4 : launch Holy grail, it works !
Hello, I tryng with my Genie Mini 1st edition. No movement for me. The connection is ok. I followed step by step, but nothing for me. Unleashed app is connect, but the Genie doesn't move. I'm using a Fuji x-t2 but I think the camera model is not important. thank you