Unleashead and Syrp genie mini

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
davprim

October 31st, 2023, 6:22 pm

Hello, I have the following problem. I follow the video guide, all is connect, but when I start the timelapse, my Syrp genie mini first edition didn't move.
Furthermore, I have these 2 advice: Ramp mode is read-only. Intervalometer is running. Stop the intervalometer and try again
Ramping order is read only. Unknown error.
Mine is a Fuji XT-2 camera.
thank you
Oliver

November 3rd, 2023, 5:05 pm

Are you sure you followed the video exactly?
The key is that you need to
- set your Syrp to "Keyframe"
- then choose "Stop motion" (the octagonal clock symbol)
- Test if you can move the syrup using the >> button. go back to frame 0 using the << button,
- then disconnect from the syrp and connect with the Unleashed.
- Then start the time-lapse on the Unleashed.

I hope this helps
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
davprim

November 5th, 2023, 5:23 pm

Hi Oliver,

I followed step by step, nothing is happening. I followed also the experience of another user in this forum. Nothing. I'm probably doing something wrong, I don't understand what though, it seems like a fairly simple operation.
thank you.
Oliver

November 6th, 2023, 12:11 am

Maybe you can do a screen recording and post a link to it here, then I can check if I notice anything.
davprim

November 7th, 2023, 4:27 pm

Hello Oliver,
I've got the video.
https://youtu.be/GKdj-xxnOeQ

thank you
Oliver

November 7th, 2023, 8:53 pm

Hmm,
I can't see anything wrong there. You might want to test with setting a few less frames in the syrp app, just to make sure the movement is noticeable on each frame, but from what I can hear in the video, it doesn't sound like there's any movement.

I just did another test, and on one occasion the Unleashed seemed to connect but wasn't actually connected. The dot next to the Syrp in the Accessories screen was turquoise, but the LED on the Syrp was still blinking. Disconnecting the Accessory and reconnecting it solved the issue.
We're planning to add some more information to the Accessories, for example a yellow dot, indicating that it is connecting or connected, but still initialising.

I hope it works soon!
davprim

November 10th, 2023, 6:57 pm

Hello Oliver,

I tried all the options. My Genie Mini is connected but doesn't move. May be a problem of the Syrp app? My version is 2.1.5. Or maybe the firmware version of the genie mini?

thank you
neilhenderson

November 18th, 2023, 6:39 pm

Hi Oliver,

I have the same issue with a Genie II pan tilt and a linear. I have set them up exactly as per your video but there is no motion.
  • I've tried them both together and individually.
  • The firmware for the Syrp devices and the Unleashed are up to date.
  • I've used the Manfrotto app and the older Syrp app for setting up the devices.
  • I've tried unpairing/pairing the devices from the unleashed app.
I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do so would welcome your advice

Many thanks
labski

February 19th, 2024, 1:24 am

Having issue connecting to my SYRP. In "pair accessories" it never finds my Syrp. The Syrp app work fine in all regards. I just got the unleashed and did the firmware update. All firmware for Syrp are up to date as well.
Oliver

February 19th, 2024, 10:46 am

The Unleashed not finding the Syrp is usually an issue with the Name of the Syrp device. The Unleashed only searches for devices whose name starts with "Syrp". You can rename the device in the Syrp app.

I hope that's all!