Fuji XH2 - Freezing after taking shot & no live view in app

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
jpgst43

October 31st, 2023, 8:58 pm

I am running the most up to date firmware in the camera and the Unleashed. I am able to connect OK and can change camera settings using the app, but when trying to take a picture in Photo mode the camera triggers like it is taking a shot but nothing happens and I get the red and green flashing light on the camera and the camera freezes up & app stops controlling the camera and have to either remove the battery or use the reboot in the settings screen of the app to get it to unfreeze. After doing this the picture is not saving on the camera. I am able to take a shot using the camera shutter button with the Unleashed connected with no issues and it saves to the camera. Similar issue with the time lapse and Holy Grail modes, as the camera flashes green and red and freezes up but the time lapse keeps running and takes no additional shots. Nothing is saved to the camera as well.

Also noticed in the 15 - 20 minutes playing around and getting the green and red lights on the camera and rebooting the Unleashed from the app my battery which was around 85% when I started went down to 0%. Not sure if this is the result of the camera freezing and drawing this much from the battery or the Unleashed drawing from the battery to transmit to the app. Hoping this is just the result of the camera locking up causing such a large power draw,

As for the view view issue I do not see anything below the settings in the Photo mode or the time lapse modes as well. Does the Fuji XH2 support live view in the app?

Any tips for unplugging the magnetic USB-C from the camera? This is impossible to get a grip on to pull out. I have to use pliers or a flat screwdriver to pry it out enough to be able to unplug. The choice to use these magnetic plugs was not well thought out in my opinion. Between not being able to easily unplug and the fact that once unplugged it is easy to lose the small USB-C fitting. I would just try to keep it in the camera, but I am not able to close the cover on the camera over it when plugged in.
Bernd

November 2nd, 2023, 10:56 am

I have tried out unleashed 22 with my Fuji X-H2 and my Fuji X-H2s: Same freezing problem and no live view in app and camera!
Withnail

March 20th, 2024, 11:56 am

Yikes.

Ive just ordered this for use with my XH2. Is this issue intermittent or a known ongoing problem?

My question is: Does the Unleashed 22 not actually function with the XH2??