Bulb mode not working on GH5

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
skippy2008

November 12th, 2023, 7:54 am

Hello the community and the foolography team

I have an issue with my GH5 in Bulb mode. I set the shutter speed within the app in bulb mode (just higher than 60sec shutter speed). The BULB sign shows up on both my app and my camera screen. And then i have two issues :
- when I tap on the shutter button in the app, nothing happens. I thought maybe like on some simple remotes I had to tap and maintain the button as lons as I want to shoot.
- so I tapped and maintained. It actually started the exposure and I was able to release my finger withtout interrupting the exposure. BUT, I then have no way to stop the exposure, whether it's with a simple tap or a maintained one. The only way for me to stop the exposure is to push the shutter button on my camera itself. Nothing of what I tried in the app worked

Thanks in advance for your help

Firmwares A 3.1.1, B 3.1.0, C 3.1.0
Oliver

November 12th, 2023, 11:58 am

Just to be clear:
- Your (camera) shutter speed is set to BULB
- you set the Long Exposure setting in the app to 1:04m or so

tapping the shutterbutton in the app does nothing, but pressing and holding does start a bulb exposure, but doesn't allow stopping it?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
skippy2008

November 12th, 2023, 12:02 pm

Exactly !