Fujifilm X-T4 screen turns off [solved with magnet near sensor, disabling AF-ON only focus]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Neil

November 18th, 2023, 9:01 pm

Hi Oliver,

Ok, I think I have sorted the 2 issues I had.

1 - Screen turns off when I attach the Unleashed. If I open the flip out screen and angle it away from the back of the camera it works perfectly.

2 - Unleashed not firing the shutter. I reset the factory settings on my camera and the unleashed worked first time. I then added my custom settings one by one and it failed when I set up back button focus. So if I keep back button focus on I have to use the Unleashed in MF which is fine for me as I aim to shoot time lapse.

Thanks again for looking into the issues.

Looking forward to trying the unleashed.

Thanks Neil
Oliver

November 18th, 2023, 11:31 pm

Hi Neil

Ah, that would explain it! Thanks for reporting it. We'll see if we can handle AF-ON vs Half-press in the future, now that we know how to reproduce the issue on our X-T4. But yeah, for now, stick with Half-press for Autofocus or use MF with the Unleashed.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.