Flex interval not working - Sony a7iv [Added in FW 3.1.4]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
TMacD

November 17th, 2023, 8:17 pm

Flex interval is not working for me with my Sony a7 iv. There is no response from the app (or camera) when I try to activate the shutter button in the app when set to flex interval in holy grail mode.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or, more importantly, solved it?

Current firmware: A 3.1.1, B 3.1.0, C 3.1.0
iOS app version: 3.0.1
soumyabanerjee19

November 24th, 2023, 9:43 am

I have the same issue with lumix s1.
Oliver

November 24th, 2023, 1:35 pm

I checked with my developers, and unfortunately, this is a different error than you'll like to hear:

We can't do flex interval on all cameras at the moment - only those where we get the info that a shot has completed.
We're still working on finding reliable workarounds when we don't get the info from the camera directly.
The error you're seeing is that the App incorrectly shows you the flex option, even though the Unleashed firmware has told the app, that it is not available for this camera. That's why trying to use it simply does not work.

In the next app update you won't see the Flex option when connected to cameras where the Unleashed can't execute it.

As I said, this might well change, as we implement and test alternatives to detect a completed shot.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

November 24th, 2023, 6:19 pm

Hi Oliver, where can I learn about FLEX and EXT options?
TMacD

November 25th, 2023, 8:51 am

Thank you for looking into this, Oliver. I appreciate the clarity.

Flex intervals are one of the key features I was looking forward to with this device. I understand it’s likely difficult to support all features on all cameras, with such a wide variety of cameras being used with the Unleashed. I will keep my fingers crossed with hope that you’ll be able to support flex intervals on the Sony a7iv in future. In the meantime there are so many other functions that are working really well for me. Lots to appreciate about this little yet mighty device! Thanks again.
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 4:20 pm

Good news: We added Flex for almost all cameras in Firmware this in Firmware 3.1.4 about a week ago!

Happy Holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
TMacD

December 23rd, 2023, 6:50 pm

Thanks a bunch, Oliver! Looking forward to trying it out today.