Incorrect error message: Not set to RAW - Sony a7 iv

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
TMacD

November 17th, 2023, 8:24 pm

App incorrectly provides the following error message (when image quality is indeed set to RAW in camera): “Quality not set to RAW. For best results and latitude in post-processing, shoot in RAW+JPG.”

Current firmware: A 3.1.1, B 3.1.0, C 3.1.0
iOS app version: 3.0.1
Oliver

November 18th, 2023, 12:02 am

Hi, thanks for the report!
That's odd, I just checked to see if we missed marking one of the possible Raw+jpg/heif combinations as raw, but from what I can tell, we have not!

Could you provide more info on this?
- Are you in the Timelapse screen or Holy Grail screen?
- Is the info shown before you start shooting, or only after?
- What quality setting is your camera currently set to?

It would be great if you could send us a screenshot of where you see the error, and if not in the same one, then another where we can see the quality setting as the Unleashed sees it.

Thanks already!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
TMacD

November 19th, 2023, 1:28 am

Thank you for your note, Oliver.

In response to your questions:

- Are you in the Timelapse screen or Holy Grail screen?

The error message occurs in both screens.

- Is the info shown before you start shooting, or only after?

During my test just now the error message doesn’t show up unless I push the “i” information button in the upper right corner of the app. After I have pushed the “i” button when I start a timelapse the usual timer graphic appears for only a brief second then is replaced by the same incorrect “not set to RAW” error message. The error message then persists, making it so the timer graphic no longer displays. If I close the app on my phone and reopen it the error message is no longer there, unless I push the “i” button again. I hope this explanation makes sense.

Please see screenshot of error message attached.

- What quality setting is your camera currently set to?

Quality is set to RAW+jpeg, with jpeg set to STD quality and 14 M image size.

Thank you for looking into this. It’s not a big deal to me, just flagging it to you as an apparent bug. The more important issue I’m hoping you can help with is that Flex interval function is not wiring for me (which I’ve noted here in a separate thread).

Thanks a bunch for all your work launching this awesome new tool!
Attachments
IMG_7539.png
IMG_7539.png (150.23 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Oliver

November 20th, 2023, 11:34 am

OK, thanks, we'll look into this, and also the Flex issue.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.