Downloading gallery photos to images - small only?

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
fnagel

February 14th, 2024, 5:53 pm

@Oliver

I think the first thing I did was the firmware update but I might clicked the "gallery" menu item before :-/
Is there a way to "reset" everything? Factory reset in the settings is for the Unleashed itself, right? What about the Android app settings? Can I remove all data for a "clean start"?

Logfile session: dd413b10-d572-4aab-ba2a-d7a4fc2cf08c
Oliver

February 14th, 2024, 10:18 pm

Yes, you can either delete the app and re-install it, or just delete the app data on your phone. We're adding the capability to delete a gallery soon (already there on iOS) - especially useful if you have multiple Unleasheds, or plugged in the Unleashed into a friend's camera, and don't want to have an empty gallery floating around in your app, but you also don't want to delete your own gallery...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
fnagel

February 15th, 2024, 3:35 pm

Removed app data, re-added my Unleashed and then it worked for exactly two images (preview and gallery, even with good quality!), but after that, no more preview (just black or broken images) and invalid images in the gallery. Any more ideas?

Do I need to use a specific RAW + JPEG saving configuration? Is JPEG needed beside the RAW at all, or is it a bug? If so, in which quality? When saving RAW only, I only have "S" quality as an option.

Oliver wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 10:18 pm
We're adding the capability to delete a gallery soon (already there on iOS) - especially useful if you have multiple Unleasheds, or plugged in the Unleashed into a friend's camera, and don't want to have an empty gallery floating around in your app, but you also don't want to delete your own gallery...
What about adding a new card to the camera? To me, this is the most common use case.
Tim

February 15th, 2024, 4:58 pm

Hey @fnagel,

We just fixed an issue with CR2 RAW previews and download option 'L' in the gallery screen.
An invalid request to the camera due to a parsing failure led to the camera not responding as expected to *any* subsequent image requests. This would explain the greyed out images and missing previews from the first RAW file onwards.

This fix will be part of the next firmware release 3.3.0.

Sorry for the trouble. Please report back if there are any more problems.
fnagel

February 15th, 2024, 5:41 pm

Hey @Tim,

thanks for the Feedback. Hopefully it will be fixed with the upcoming release. Any ETA? Or an option to get a BETA version?
Iceland holiday starts tomorrow and a working app would be great :-D
Tim

February 20th, 2024, 11:25 am

We just released firmware version A3.3.0 B3.3.0 C3.3.1.
Please let us know if the XL option in gallery is working for you again. You might want to start from an empty gallery to test that.
For the image preview in photo mode downloading a few megabytes with each shot doesn't make much sense. that's why XL is only available in gallery, but you can use RAW+JPG to get more preview options.
fnagel

February 21st, 2024, 10:28 pm

Image sync seems to work better now, but it's still very buggy. Tested after resetting all app data and adding my Unleashed again.

When trying to download XL images, a pop up states that the image is no longer available on the cam, but it still is. Sometimes the download works, but then the fullscreen image is still the bad quality preview (s).

Sometimes, already successfully downloaded images are suddenly invalid or broken.

Sometimes the gallery shows a broken lightbox as in only the dimmer without the actual image.

Most images won't open in full screen when clicking the preview. Instead those images are downloaded again and again on each click.
fnagel

March 14th, 2024, 9:12 am

Any update on this?