Downloading gallery photos to images - small only?

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Bolts100

November 19th, 2023, 2:36 pm

I’ve downloaded photos in large format to my phone but the only sharing option to save image is ‘small’ - how can I change this?
Oliver

November 20th, 2023, 11:26 am

Hi, and sorry for the trouble!

We're just fixed this issue on Friday and will hopefully be able to release a new version of the app this week.
It only happened sometimes, with Raw+JPG combinations. in some cases, the Raw is the primary image, sometimes the JPG, and while we do most the operations on the combination of both, the previews are downloaded from either one or the other. Unfortunately, the sharing function only shared the largest preview from the primary image. So during our testing, this was always the correct one, but we recently also noticed that we just shared a thumbnail instead of the chosen L size image. But like I said, that's fixed now and will be available soon!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Bolts100

November 20th, 2023, 8:06 pm

Thanks good to know!
Cam3raFr3ak

November 27th, 2023, 7:21 pm

The primary reason I backed this was to get full quality photos onto my phone quickly and this feature still doesn’t work for me. It didn’t work when I shot RAW only and I thought maybe changing to RAW + JPEG might fix it and that didn’t work either. Will this update also fix my issue of only getting small downloads from my Nikon even though I’ve selected full?
Bolts100

December 10th, 2023, 7:45 pm

I’ve tried this again but it doesn’t seem to work or maybe it’s me - either way it’s very confusing. Says the default download is XL but the only option to share into photos is M. Also when it first synchronises it only downloads small S. If this isn’t going to work it’s a shame as it was promised and really the only reason I bought the product 😔
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 3:59 pm

When you shoot only RAW, you should have S, M and XL/F as download options. If you set the Default download size to XL/F, it will try to download that size, but that's not available, then it will try the next smaller size available - in your case from what I read, that would be M.

I did notice that while XL is available in Image Review on Nikon cameras set to RAW, it does not seem to always be available as a download option in Gallery. I've created a ticket for us to look into that!
Bolts100

December 29th, 2023, 11:08 am

It’s intermittently downloading as M when set to download XL/F but then it defaults to S and there is no way to download M again.
Oliver

December 29th, 2023, 11:27 am

A single tap on a thumbnail in the gallery grid will try to download the default size for that photo, then the next smaller, then the next smaller size. If you long-press on a thumbnail, you should get all the download options. After a successful download of a larger size you'll see a checkmark over the photo, A single tap will now open the fullscreen view. When you're in the full-screen view in gallery, tap one more time to see the info overlay. Along the bottom you'll have additional download options. In the top right corner you'll see the size of the current photo.
fnagel

February 14th, 2024, 3:41 pm

Same issue with my Canon 6D M2 with Android phone. I only have the small size option when using RAW. When using RAW and JPEG I get more options (M, L and 0 -- what ever 0 is) but its always displaying the small (very bad quality) image. The gallery is not usable with such bad quality.

Any news on the issue?
Oliver

February 14th, 2024, 5:25 pm

We released and iOS update with the fix mentioned above. (M,L,XL Images were downloaded correctly, but when you tried to share them, it would sometimes only share the S version.)

@fnagel
yours seems to be a different issue.
- we fixed the issue with so many grey cells in the Gallery with Firmware 3.2.1 (introduced in 3.2.0, I believe) - could it be that you did your first sync before updating the Firmware?

If not, could you please send us a log file? (Menu -> (i) -> Share Log File)

Thanks.