Holy Grail (sunset) / Fuji X-H1

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Deedubb

November 23rd, 2023, 6:16 am

After much fiddling with the camera menus I have finally got the X-H1 to the point where it interacts with Unleashed in the way I believe it should. I can set Autoramping to work, setting Day Limit, start point and Night Limit just fine.

I now have a new problem: observe the attached youtube clip of a Holy Grail sunset I took last night, comprised of 854 images.
https://youtu.be/B0r_BTGukhM

Initially everything seemed fine, based on the Tv-Av-ISO ramping, with shutter speed starting at 1/320 and gradually decreasing as the evening starts. Then at about 165 frames into the sequence the shutter speed rapidly decreased, from 1/60 to 10 seconds (the night limit I had set) within 29 frames...and there it stayed for the rest of the shoot, so the balance of 660 frames. The image only started to resolve again once the lighting conditions darkened enough for the 10 second shutter time to actually work. Clearly the images are massively overexposed when Unleashed is selecting the largescale change in shutter speed and instead of a gradual, buttery smooth transition we are seeing a blowout over a very snmall number of frames.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong with this?

I am happy to send you a link to a Onedrive folder which will include the images complete with exif data if this will help: just include an email address with your reply and I hope we can get to the bottom of this!

I feel like I am making progress, but 2 steps forward, one step back....

Cheers

Dean W