holygrail timelpase stopped

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

November 25th, 2023, 12:29 am

Hi everyone, I am a new to timelapses. I tried a holygrail timelapse in my yard today and it was less than successful. The timelapse stopped after 90 shots. Trying to understand why.

* First I immediately got an error message "Ramp Mode is read-only. Intervalometer is running. Stop the intervalometer and try again. Ramping order is read only. Unknown error" I have no idea what this means. Note that in spite of these messages, the time lapse got going.
* I use a battery combined with a power bank which I plugged in the micro-USB port of the Sony A7IV. It drained the battery first, but the icon indicated that the camera was charging and I did not lose power. It just stopped after 90 pictures. Could it have stopped just because the battery was drained? Isn't it common to use power banks for timelapses? When the temperature gets cold, batteries drain quickly! I would have thought the expectation was that one would not need to nurse the power throughout a night, for example, and do multiple battery swaps.
* I chose the LRT Sunset Beta algorithm. The exposure meter was at zero at the start, but by the end I was two stops underexposed. I was in manual focus mode so I am not sure that it was a problem necessarily. But maybe it is. Also wondering why the algorithm was not more aggressive in slowing down the shutter.
* What is the little counter on the top right corner in the app. It looks like a battery charge indicator. Mine currently says [846] and then a little icon that looks like a battery two thirds full? But it does not match the battery reading. It is also not matching how full my memory card is. What is it?

I feel like I am asking a lot of stupid questions. I would consult the manual first...if there was one.

Best,

pierre