Can't "pair additional accessories" to Sony A6700

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

November 25th, 2023, 3:40 pm

I could pair the unleashed without any problem (the first step), I have a green LED light. But when going to pair the accessory (the second step), I see my camera ILCE-6700 (Bluetooth on in menu), but the dot in the app stays red and never turns the turquoise color I am looking for. I tried forgetting, resetting to factopy settings...to no avail.
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 4:18 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy month, but I'm doing my best to catch up with everyone before the Christmas break!

Could you please clarify what you're trying to achieve and where? Are you trying to set up geotagging on your camera?

If so, and you're having trouble, please do a factory reset of the Unleashed: Menu -> Unleashed with gear icon -> Your Unleashed -> Settings -> Factory reset (at the very bottom)
then reset the network settings of your camera to factory defaults.
Then (this is important) turn off the camera, remove the camera battery, wait for a few seconds, and reinsert it.

Now you have a clean slate for starting the geotagging procedure. Go to the GPS settings in the photo screen, change it to "Add Bluetooth camera" and follow the instructions you're presented.
There are some more instructions in the third screen (after pairing the camera), so be sure to follow those too.

We're working on a video tutorial for this procedure, but I can't make any promises when it will be done.

Happy holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.