Focus Bracketing on Canon R6 Mk II?

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
dyarbro1

November 25th, 2023, 9:34 pm

I have tried to set up Focus Bracketing on Unleased with my Canon R6 Mk II. It takes one picture, then "hunts" a little, then just stops. It does not hang up, I can again start it, but still just one picture. Exposure Bracketing seems to function well. I have selected all three options as to "direction". No change. Autofocus is on. Tried in different camera modes, i.e. M, Av, Tv, Fv. No change.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. If it is just a feature that is not woking yet, I understand. But it should "grey out" if that is the case.

Thanks for your assistance.
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 4:12 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy month, but I'm doing my best to catch up with everyone before the Christmas break!

We made a change in a recent firmware update (3.1.4) that should improve bracketing for almost all cameras. Could you try if you're still experiencing the same problems with that?

Please try to change your camera to Manual focus. I don't remember exactly which brands needed what - some need the camera to be set to MF, others need it to be on AF. If I recall correctly, Canon needed MF.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.