FW still won’t update U22N2 device is useless

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Keltyinnty

November 29th, 2023, 11:20 pm

I’m just stuck in an endless loop of the App says there is a Firmware update, I press install, I didn’t get a spinning circle or percentage of the update just a few seconds it said updated but it’s not I still have FW A as ?.?.? (3 question marks ❓ ) but no beta 255 now, the app says there new update is available and around and around I go.
Clearly the U22N2 is no good! Right???

Oliver , I have call your office to try and get someone help or recognise that there isn’t anymore that I can do, how do I get a replacement? Based on 11 months of waiting for the pledge product, I’m not hopeful of seeing a replacement in the next 4-6 months.
Attachments
IMG_7496.png
IMG_7496.png (230.66 KiB) Viewed 6905 times
IMG_7495.png
IMG_7495.png (107.19 KiB) Viewed 6905 times
Keltyinnty

December 19th, 2023, 11:12 pm

Hi Oliver/foolography, thanks for your expedient
Replies to our issues.

Just as an update a week or two after the last firmware release, I retried the firmware update on my Z6ii, deleting the app, removing the battery etc and I managed to get the update to complete.

At this stage the U22N2 works somewhat but DRAINS the battery completely empty within a day or 2 even if the camera is off. Like others I would have to remove the U22 or the camera battery, and this is total opposite to the Unleashed spiel of leaving it in the camera for fast setups, I wanted it for the Geotagging but if I have to remove all the time it’s going to wreck my camera port and I’ll probably lose it.

PLEASE fix the camera DRAIN issue.

Probably pointless even posting this here as you (Oliver or Foolography) never responded.
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 3:34 pm

Hi Keltyinnty

With the Unleashed showing ?.?.? for Firmware A, that means that either the firmware update did not actually work, or that there is something seriously wrong - we found a case where the Microcontroller A would produce so much internal traffic that nothing else would get through, not even enough to communicate its own firmware version. This was fixed in FW A3.1.2.

Unfortunately, we also had a bug in our iOS App, which assumed ?.?.? was a higher version than 3.1.2, so it would not offer you an update (as shown in your screenshot. We've done a few more releases since - the last one (3.2.0) just yesterday! So that should show up and let you install it. The updated iOS app is currently in review at Apple, and will be released in the next few days.

the ?.?.? will definitely lead to all sorts of trouble - limited to no functionality and battery drain too. So that would be expected.
Could you specify what you mean by this?
"At this stage the U22N2 works somewhat"
Does it only partially work? what's not working? Partial functionality might explain the battery drain issue, so please be as specific as you can, so that we have a chance of fixing it.

[edit: moved Papabear's post and my reply into his thread: viewtopic.php?p=5481#p5481 ]

Happy Holidays
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.