Unleased wont connect to R6 Mk2

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
chiselfreak

December 2nd, 2023, 5:26 am

I can get the unleashed to connect to the app but not to camera. It has connected maybe 3 times out of about 200 attempts.
every option is greyed out and unavailable. I think the device or the cable must be faulty.
hopefully i hear from you soon as it is quite frustrating.
chiselfreak

December 22nd, 2023, 12:15 pm

still no go. can i get a replacement unit? Or at least some ideas on getting it to work?
Oliver

December 22nd, 2023, 12:38 pm

Hi, sorry for the trouble, and for the silence. It's been a very busy month!

From what it sounds like, there's a an issue with the USB connection, but I'd really need more info to be able to help. Could you send some screenshots and a photo of how the Unleashed is connected to the camera?
Does the Bluetooth connection work? What error messages are shown when you tap on the individual greyed out settings? What firmware are you on?

You can try cleaning the contacts on the Magnetic plug, and by twisting the unleashed back and forth a few times, make sure that the contact between Unleashed and Plug is good.

Please be sure your firmware is up to date. Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → Your Unleashed (near top ) → Firmware
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.