Cannot select interval in timelapse mode (A7IV) [solved: change arrows once, then FW A3.2.0]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

December 6th, 2023, 12:25 am

I am running into a new issue that I did not have before (the app has been updated to version 3.1.0)
When selecting interval, it gives me two options: Interval & Shots (kind of what you want for an astro stack). and Time and interval (which I guess is useful for other kinds of timelapses).
I want to select interval and shots, but interval is greyed out. I cannot set interval to the desired value (I am on long exposure 1:04m & BULB), would like to set the interval to 1:06, but I am not getting the option anymore. right now, my interval says 30 second, which is of course too short. I'd like nothing more than have the option of changing it.

But I am stuck. My conjecture is that the most recent app update broke something.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xpnbwz0a ... 2d3sa&dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uab4xijw ... 6675f&dl=0

Pierre
BorisH

December 16th, 2023, 12:59 am

I was able to recover this (after quite some time) by changing one of the ither settings.
I needed to click on the lower of the 2 arrows, and from there disable the playback time from there. THat freed up the interval setting.
Its not intuitive, and I'd consider it a bug, but it solved that particular issue.

(timelapse then still didn't work as only 1 picture was taken)
Oliver

December 16th, 2023, 3:44 pm

We made a change with these arrows in the last android app update, and my developers assume it might have been because the new app loaded the saved state from the previous app, but couldn't handle this correctly, leading to what you were seeing.

We're looking into it and will fix it in the next update.
Deleting the app and reinstalling it will also fix this issue!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

December 20th, 2023, 6:07 am

Oliver and Boris:

Thanks. I was able to solve the problem by touching the second arrow. I don't find this intuitive at all. But now that I can select interval, I can't get it to work. It takes one shot and that's it.

I have the shutter speed on 2.5 second, the interval at 5 seconds, and the number of shots at 3.
The "time" option is greyed out but says 1:00m which does not make sense.

It's a bit frustrating to struggle so much with the most basic operations.
BorisH

December 20th, 2023, 9:49 pm

Yes, I found the same, that only one shot is being taken. I have already reported it in a different post:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2022&p=5416#p5416

It seems bugged, I have given up on it until the next Firmware update.
pazoulay

December 22nd, 2023, 2:55 pm

Misery loves company!
Tim

December 22nd, 2023, 5:27 pm

The issue with Sony cameras only triggering once in a timelapse has been resolved in the newest firmware update published today (AB 3.2.0) alongside with some other improvements.

Sorry for the trouble! Have a nice weekend!

Tim
pazoulay

December 24th, 2023, 9:03 pm

It refuses to update. I tells me to kill the app, disable bluetooth (in the app or the camera?), unplug the camera battery. I did all of this. But it does not help.
pazoulay

December 24th, 2023, 10:30 pm

OK, I managed to update (using another phone, not sure why).
It does work, With the caveat that if I pick n shots through the app, it will actually take n-1 exposures. Progress I guess.