Fuji X-T5 aperture control [solved with Menu Setting]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
onkel

December 16th, 2023, 9:32 pm

Got my Unleashed a few weeks ago through the Kickstarter campaign. Had a lot of problems initially getting it connected and properly working, but after many iterations of plugging/unplgging it and powering up the camera vs. the Unleashed, I finally got it working and I just updated it to the latest firmware.
However, I'm not able to control the aperture setting even when everything is set to 'A' or 'C', respectively. I have have read about similar issues with the X-H1/H2 here a while ago, but there didn't seem to be a conclusion of the issue at the time. Was wondering, if there is an update regarding this?
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 12:09 pm

Hi,

We have fixed all the issues we know about with Fuji, so the old posts should no longer be relevant.

Could you be more specific, and share some screenshots and photos?

I just found this video to see if we missed something, and indeed:
If you set your lens to A, you also need to define what "A" means in the camera menu. You have the options "Auto" and "Command". You need to set that to Command.
I found this video that shows it quite well:
https://youtu.be/vH7Jr4V-NWI?t=40

I hope this is what you need!

Basically, if you can use the camera's thumb command dial or index finger dial (if your camera has one) to change the setting, rather than a dedicated dial or aperture ring, then the Unleashed will also be able to control that setting.

Happy Holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
onkel

December 23rd, 2023, 5:45 pm

Yes, that did the trick (that was the one thing I overlooked to check). Thanks and Happy Holidays!
jjmaia

December 27th, 2023, 7:51 pm

Hi,

X-T4 here, and I was having the same issue, but found this post and the solution. But I also have have the same wueiton regarding the ISO dial.

Thank you
Oliver

December 28th, 2023, 10:50 am

The ISO dial on the X-T4 has a dedicated Command "C" position next to the "A". Set it to "C" for the Unleashed to be able to set ISO values.
Older cameras like the X-T2 don't have the "C", but do have an "A", together with the Menu entry where you can choose that the A position should be used for "Command"
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.