Holy Grail Timelapse Inquiry

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
jonsadrgilany

January 12th, 2024, 7:55 pm

I finally received my replacement unleashed, and everything hardware-wise seems to be operating normally. Definitely excited for the potential of this product.

That said, I’m a little confused regarding some of the settings and algorithms for holy grail timelapses.

This morning I went out and shot two timelapses on with the ‘lrt sunrise’ algorithm. One Timelapse (a wide shot) ramped normally and the other (a close up shot of the sunrise on a telephoto lens) ramped normally and then just stopped right as the sun was about to rise. At this point, I attempted to apply exposure compensation to darken the image down manually, but it was not working — even after waiting several minutes.

Any idea what the problem could be? I’m also curious about the difference between the ‘lrt sunrise’ algorithm and the ‘lrt sunrise modified’ algorithm. The FAQ states the ‘lrt sunrise modified’ algorithm helps when ‘a bulb is turned on’. Would this apply in this situation with the sun appearing in frame? How quickly/effectively will it compensate for the exposure with the dramatic shift in light?

Can you please elaborate on the nature of both of the available algorithms, as I am confused and there doesn’t appear to be a lot of resources/tutorials/information to help.

Thank you,

Jon